Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk BYOP CDMA LTE???

Feedback Score

Straight Talk BYOP CDMA LTE???

The straight talk site for cdma registration was down for a week but is up again and no longer says LTE phones are not accepted and now has a option to select LTE yes or no I put a Verizon 3g esn in and selected yes to LTE and it progressed to the next page!!?? What does this mean??? Unfortunately I don't have a Verizon LTE capable esn around so I cant test the real thing anyone have any luck yet with LTE capable phone and on which carrier Sprint/Verizon if its sprint only im pissed there not in my rural area lol.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I doubt that it's Verizon. I would think that PagePlus would be the first Verizon MVNO to get LTE

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottneon View Post
    I doubt that it's Verizon. I would think that PagePlus would be the first Verizon MVNO to get LTE
    PP is owned by Amerocan Movil as well.

Feedback Score
    yeah but could a LTE phone work with only 3g???

Feedback Score
    IMO...

As mentioned PP is owned by American Movil (AM) however their acquisition still needs to be approved by the DOJ (updates?). I believe that as soon as the purchase is complete then I could see AM trying to make VZW LTE available to its customers. Throw enough money at VZW and they'll flip the LTE switch... VZW LOVES MONEY! LoL.

As for a LTE phone working with only 3G... i believe it's possible through PagePlus after flashing the phone. Not sure if it'd go through on ST.

again, this is just my opinion. There is no base or source for this infr. So take it with a grain of salt and toss it over your shoulder! LoL.

Carrier
    Straight Talk Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I sent an email to Straight Talk and they responded that the Verizon byop service is still not compatible with 4G LTE phones (as expected) but and I quote "Furthermore, 4G LTE phones on the other service provider you mentioned (Sprint) are compatible with our BYOP program." Good news for people on the Sprint network at the very least and a good step in the right direction with us who use Verizon as now all of the 4 major carriers except them support LTE on Straight Talk.
    Link to Original Topic On This Subject

Someone with an LTE Verizon phone just needs to try to so we can find out exactly whats up.

Feedback Score
    As of today, you can use Sprint 4G LTE and AT&T 4G LTE on ST. When you enter your MEID number ST "asks" Verizon if they can use that phone, if Verizon detects that it is an LTE phone on their database they will reject it.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    So Sprint LTE devices, eh? Wonder if this includes iPhone?
    WiFi Guru

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EntiendoNo_ View Post
    As of today, you can use Sprint 4G LTE and AT&T 4G LTE on ST. When you enter your MEID number ST "asks" Verizon if they can use that phone, if Verizon detects that it is an LTE phone on their database they will reject it.
    So this means you can use an iPhone 5s/c, as long as it was sold as AT&T or T-Mobile originally?

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EntiendoNo_ View Post
    I'm assuming that this will just give you 3G speeds on the 4G device, but can anyone confirm that this is correct? I'm assuming this because there is no mention of them mailing you an LTE sim card for the Sprint phones which is necessary to get LTE service.

Been trying to contact my normal source but haven't been able to the past couple days, would like to know how this all plays into the rumored (and delayed) Verizon LTE "plans"

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcab View Post
    there is no mention of them mailing you an LTE sim card for the Sprint phones which is necessary to get LTE service.
    Generally Sprint uses an embedded UICC for their LTE service, which is different than Verizon that uses a removable UICC. Since the iPhone 5 had a removable UICC, Sprint posted a question and answer page:

http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...0120920-100001

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I know this is an old thread but;

I input the meid from a HTC Thunderbolt and Straigh Talk said it was compatible. but it also said I only needed a sim card and not the network activation code. Something wrong here.

Good news, your phone is compatible to use on Straight Talk.
    (Even though your phone is compatible, a few phone models cannot be used with the BYOP program and will be identified at activation.)
    To activate you’ll just have to:
    Purchase an Activation Kit which contains a 30 Day Unlimited Service Plan Card, SIM Card and Network Access Code.

For your particular phone only the Service Plan Card and SIM Card are needed for activation. The Network Access Code is not required. The SIM Card is in the blue area for AT&T Compatible phones and the pink area for T‑Mobile Compatible phones.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates View Post
    I know this is an old thread but;

I input the meid from a HTC Thunderbolt and Straigh Talk said it was compatible. but it also said I only needed a sim card and not the network activation code. Something wrong here.

Good news, your phone is compatible to use on Straight Talk.
    (Even though your phone is compatible, a few phone models cannot be used with the BYOP program and will be identified at activation.)
    To activate you’ll just have to:
    Purchase an Activation Kit which contains a 30 Day Unlimited Service Plan Card, SIM Card and Network Access Code.

For your particular phone only the Service Plan Card and SIM Card are needed for activation. The Network Access Code is not required. The SIM Card is in the blue area for AT&T Compatible phones and the pink area for T‑Mobile Compatible phones.
    ST will want you to use the phone on AT&T or Tmobile because ST verizon service doesn't have LTE only 3G.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    ST will want you to use the phone on AT&T or Tmobile because ST verizon service doesn't have LTE only 3G.
    this is a cdma phone, not gsm. The sim slot is not for domestic gsm carrier, that I know of.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates View Post
    this is a cdma phone, not gsm. The sim slot is not for domestic gsm carrier, that I know of.
    maybe there's more than one version?? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MDEHrg_Wio

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast