Thread: Updating the Android OS of F-04E?

Device(s)
    F-01C
    Feedback Score

Updating the Android OS of F-04E?

...I just recently shifted to a keitai smartphone, I gots a F-04E (finally! XD)

Anyway, just a quick question, how do you update the OS? Also, if you're gonna update it, will the phone revert back to it's factory settings thus you need to get it unlocked again? o 3 o

/messyquestion/

IDEK.

/newbie/

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No, the phone will not revert to factory settings. The SIM unlock is permanent, no need to worry about it either. However, some apps that are incompatible with the new OS might stop working but those won't be any of the pre-installed apps.

In order to be able to perform the major upgrade to 4.2, your phone needs to have one of the following build versions: V10R27E, V11R29D, V13R30C, V14R31C. If it does, follow the instructions here (Google Translate will help if you don't understand Japanese). If you do not have one of the above build versions, you will need to send the phone to Japan to first update to the latest build and only then perform the major upgrade.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    F-01C
    Feedback Score
    Awesome thanks!

Quick question though, how do you pair other smartphones to the F-04E's bluetooth? o 3 o

I tried BT'ing my F-04E to my brother's samsung tablet and they refuse to get paired or smthing. @ A @ IDEK what is wrong. /orz

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phodoodles View Post
    Awesome thanks!

Quick question though, how do you pair other smartphones to the F-04E's bluetooth? o 3 o

I tried BT'ing my F-04E to my brother's samsung tablet and they refuse to get paired or smthing. @ A @ IDEK what is wrong. /orz
    I can't really answer this question but there must be a way. Sharp phones are the most 'finicky' when it comes to Bluetooth pairing so I'd guess managing a Fujitsu will be easier. Just make sure you've ticked the "make my phone discoverable" option.