Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tracfone App

Feedback Score
    The TF app is working well for my son's phone. Overall, I am VERY pleased with this new TF product. (Androids on TF.) I think they've done a great job with this roll out. I still think the phones themselves could be better, but I appreciate them as the budget friendly models they're intended to be.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tc93 View Post
    I had that problem when first installing the app, then it started working a day or two later. It usually is slow doing it though.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using HoFo mobile app

I've tried deleting it and reinstalling it several times and still wont work for me, except for the "me" & "add card" tab work fine. The "balance" tab always gets a server error. Been broke for me since the first day they released it.

Phone
    L41C
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has never worked for me. Loading for almost a minute and oops server error with any button pressed always.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryST View Post
    Has never worked for me. Loading for almost a minute and oops server error with any button pressed always.

I contacted Tracfone to ask whats going on and here's what I sent them and here's the response I received.

ME:

Trying to get the new app working on my centura android phone and it gives an error trying to use the app. All I get is "Oops server error please try again." when I click on "balance". The "me" & "add card" work fine. This error has been happening since you released the app. I have deleted/reinstalled it many times. Others are reporting the same issue too I see from reviews on the Google Play store.

TRACFONE:

Hi,

Did you go to Google Store and found "TracFone My Account app"?
    Please remember that a Gmail account is needed for any downloads.
    A widget will be added to the handset’s screen which displays:
    • Remaining Balance Info (Mins, Text, Data)
    • An Add Card button to add airtime
    • An Update Balance button to load the new balance

Thanks, ^Lilia

SMH!

Phone
    L41C
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe they will fix it someday.

Feedback Score
    Now I get a PM from a guy named Alex @ Tracfone.

See below:

Hi,

You need to make sure that the phone's memory is enough to download this application. If you have further questions, feel free to send us an email at TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com.

Alex
    TracFone Wireless

I have plenty of memory Alex. I guess you didn't see that I said the Tracfone app works (the me & add card tabs) except for the balance tab doesn't work. That's what is giving the server error (balance tab). So that would mean I have already downloaded the Tracfone app. SMH

Feedback Score
    Well, no one tried to say that they're the brightest....

The IT help desk at work always asks if you've tried rebooting when you call about any issues. *sigh*

Sent from my HTC One X using HoFo mobile app

Phone
    TracFone LG L41C
    Feedback Score
    I have two LG L41C Tracfones that I have been using for a while, the Tracfone "My Account app" and fastactportal work great on one of them. It does not work on the other one.

The phone that the "My Account app" doesn't work on; When I update the app it says "This information seems not to be available at your location at this time. Let's try another alternative." You can retry but it never works. At the fastactportal.com/static/balance it says:
    "Oops! An unknown error has occurred please try again later or contact us at 1-800-867-7183 if the problem persists." I am able to see my minutes/text/data at the Tracfone site under "My Account" for the android LG L41C phone with the broken app.

Why would one phone work and the other not work? They are identical phones. Tracfone says they are working on the problem. I think they could fix it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tripletaco View Post
    Why would one phone work and the other not work? They are identical phones. Tracfone says they are working on the problem. I think they could fix it.
    It has been reported that some individual phones don't work with the My Account app and also with fastactportal.com. The BYOP phones never work with these utilities. There has been no support from Tracfone, and they have not updated My Account since it was released over a year ago.

For the phone that does not work use a bookmark in a browser to the tracfone.com site. Think you can hone the URL in to get directly to the account balance section. Try it on a computer first and use that URL in the phone browser.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tripletaco View Post
    I have two LG L41C Tracfones that I have been using for a while, the Tracfone "My Account app" and fastactportal work great on one of them. It does not work on the other one.

The phone that the "My Account app" doesn't work on; When I update the app it says "This information seems not to be available at your location at this time. Let's try another alternative." You can retry but it never works. At the fastactportal.com/static/balance it says:
    "Oops! An unknown error has occurred please try again later or contact us at 1-800-867-7183 if the problem persists." I am able to see my minutes/text/data at the Tracfone site under "My Account" for the android LG L41C phone with the broken app.

Maybe something is corrupted in the cache or data of the My Account app on one of the phones. Try clearing the cache and data for the My Account app.

Go to MENU KEY, SYSTEM SETTINGS, APPS, (Downloaded apps list) MY ACCOUNT and CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE.

Then try running the My Account app again. After you get the Tracfone email with account balance, wait for a minute, don't exit the app right away, to allow the My Account app to update itself with the current account balance figures (you may have to increased the backlight timeout time to do this successfully, 30 seconds isn't enough time). This will also give it time to update the account balance on the My Account Widget (if you have that installed on a Home Screen).
    Last edited by Antilope; 05-22-2015 at 08:59 PM.
    Is a Telegram a metric e-mail?

Feedback Score
    Some of my BYOP work with My Account, some with the portal URL.

Some I have to use "My Account".

So far none has failed to work with any method, which is lucky since apparently the CSRs can't look it up?

Phone
    G2 Droid4 MotoG (retired: GS3 Droid3 S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170)
    Carriers
    Tracfone (Verizon LTE)
    Old: RP (CDMAV) PP TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The BYOP phones never work with these utilities.
    Works fine with most 3G phone, TracFone branded or BYOP.

It doesn't work with any 4G/LTE device to date (all BYOP so far)

Phone
    G2 Droid4 MotoG (retired: GS3 Droid3 S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170)
    Carriers
    Tracfone (Verizon LTE)
    Old: RP (CDMAV) PP TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    which is lucky since apparently the CSRs can't look it up?
    Some at least can. They may not want to though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Some at least can. They may not want to though.
    Gotta love it, a company where the CS is more entertaining than helpful! 8-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2