Thread: NET10 phones using S 390G and LG 840G in my area

Feedback Score

NET10 phones using S 390G and LG 840G in my area

I have a S390G and its been work fine up to recently. I have had it a year and got my $19 worth out it with a 750minute $25 monthly. A great plan for me and I can access facebook and see tiny pictures and text.

A couple of months ago I talk with a net10 person on line and I told her I did not want a $50 month bill but wanted a phone I could access the internet, facebook, send and receive pictures and texts just like my S390G. She suggested a net10 LG 840G. Now I do a inquiry and it says this phone will not work in my area. 72058. Its pretty minimal phone like a semi smart as is my S390G. Just my word usage, I say semi-smart because it can somewhat access the internet and facebook.

I can still get this phone from private individual so that's not a problem. However, why would it say I cannot use it in my area when I am already using a phone that pretty much does the same thing? Are they trying to push us ALL to smart phone where they can get the $50 a month fee?

Any helps on a semi smart phone would be appreciated.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pils View Post
    A couple of months ago I talk with a net10 person on line and I told her I did not want a $50 month bill ... She suggested a net10 LG 840G. Now I do a inquiry and it says this phone will not work in my area. 72058.
    I looked on the net10 website and it says your zip is market id Verizon + GSM (T-Mobile and ATT).

Where were you looking that said the phone would not work in your area? Were you looking on walmart.com? It says that for everything. The LG 840 will work fine in your area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    I looked on the net10 website and it says your zip is market id Verizon + GSM (T-Mobile and ATT).

Where were you looking that said the phone would not work in your area? Were you looking on walmart.com? It says that for everything. The LG 840 will work fine in your area.

I was looking on the net10 web site. I thought it said this phone would not work in my area. Maybe I did something wrong. But I got this same message twice. hmmmm

thank you

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pils View Post
    I have a S390G and its been work fine up to recently. I have had it a year and got my $19 worth out it with a 750minute $25 monthly. A great plan for me and I can access facebook and see tiny pictures and text.

A couple of months ago I talk with a net10 person on line and I told her I did not want a $50 month bill but wanted a phone I could access the internet, facebook, send and receive pictures and texts just like my S390G. She suggested a net10 LG 840G. Now I do a inquiry and it says this phone will not work in my area. 72058. Its pretty minimal phone like a semi smart as is my S390G. Just my word usage, I say semi-smart because it can somewhat access the internet and facebook.

I can still get this phone from private individual so that's not a problem. However, why would it say I cannot use it in my area when I am already using a phone that pretty much does the same thing? Are they trying to push us ALL to smart phone where they can get the $50 a month fee?

Any helps on a semi smart phone would be appreciated.

Thank you
    You should put little confidence in what a CSR tells you. I doubt you will feel the 840 is any real improvement over the 390. Basically a lateral move to a touchscreen.

You could consider one of the four Tracfone Androids, if your usage does not make the lower usage airtime plans too expensive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You should put little confidence in what a CSR tells you. I doubt you will feel the 840 is any real improvement over the 390. Basically a lateral move to a touchscreen.

You could consider one of the four Tracfone Androids, if your usage does not make the lower usage airtime plans too expensive.
    Im sort of wondering the same thing except thought the screen was a wee bit larger. I want to stay in the 750 minutes a month for 25$. I may not get any better. But as I said my phone is starting to not work to well so I thought I would ask about the LG. Any other suggestions. Thank you