Thread: Can I transfer my minutes if my phone is lost or stolen?

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Can I transfer my minutes if my phone is lost or stolen?

Just got a basic TracFone as an emergency phone. If my phone gets lost, stolen, or broken, can I transfer my minutes off it to another phone? Or does TracFone still make you lose everything. I have this thing registered on the website.

Feedback Score
    I would call Tracfone Executive Resolutions Miami number 800-876-5753 immediately and ask them to block your phone and see what they say about transferring minutes to a new phone.

I imagine it would not be a problem to transfer your remaining minutes. They will ask you for an estimate of your remaining minutes and expiration date.

Do post back and let us know what they said.
    Cheers!

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I would call Tracfone Executive Resolutions Miami number 800-876-5753 immediately and ask them to block your phone and see what they say about transferring minutes to a new phone.

I imagine it would not be a problem to transfer your remaining minutes. They will ask you for an estimate of your remaining minutes and expiration date.

Do post back and let us know what they said.
    My phone is fine. I'm just asking as a "what if?" situation. I remember having Net10 about 7 years ago and lost my phone. TracFone/Net10 basically said "tough ****," so I switched to Virgin Mobile.

Feedback Score
    They can do it. It will be a lot easier if you keep track of the Parameters 30 and 0 just as a precaution. Otherwise, some department will have to research your call records, etc., and come up with the remaining minutes. This can take two weeks and the judge's decision is final. Or, you can try convincing them of an estimate. Good luck.

Since the handset carries the minute bank, it is a good idea to periodically note the Parameters in case you are unable to do so during the emergency. Then you can prove your minutes without an extreme hassle.

I wouldn't mention lost or stolen in case they deactivate the phone before you can do anything. You might lose your phone number. Broken might be better if you have the replacement phone already at hand.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Call one of the Miami numbers. A regular CSR will be of little or no help, as you have already discovered.
    Do not wait to call or the finder of your "lost" phone may find a way to transfer before you do. They will not give the airtime to the finder and you both.