Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Unlimited' International Data Speedtest!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

'Unlimited' International Data Speedtest!

The international roaming looks to be better than 2G speeds. Have you guys experienced tr contrary? I'd like to see some screenshots! I've found this video, haven't seen it posted yet.

http://youtu.be/4F-2h8q0Mc0

Sent with the HoFo App
    Current Device: Black iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier: AT&T

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justinkk2005 View Post
    The international roaming looks to be better than 2G speeds. Have you guys experienced tr contrary? I'd like to see some screenshots! I've found this video, haven't seen it posted yet.

http://youtu.be/4F-2h8q0Mc0

Sent with the HoFo App
    Not entirely true.

"I was "billed" $400 for the use of data as of the 21st of October. I called in and T-Mobile righted the matter in about three hours."

in other words, he didn't have the right international plan on his account. I've found out that the old worldclass international service is NOT throttled, hense the charge. We need to have someone do the speedtest AFTER the addon.

Feedback Score
    Boy I hope he did some reading before he started making these speedtests. According to the Verge which I am sure they got from Tmobile, the Unlimited International Data Roaming begins on October 31st. Boy is that guy going to be getting a present of a nice large bill next month for doing all his speedtests and netflix while in Mexico.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/9/48...o-extra-charge

T-Mobile unveiled the latest part of its Uncarrier initiative today: the carrier is offering unlimited international data and text services at no extra charge starting October 31st. The new international services will be available to existing Simple Choice customers for no additional cost over their current rate plans, and will work in over 100 countries across the world. In addition to the data and texting services, traveling customers will be able to place voice calls at a flat rate of 20 cents per minute while in those countries.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
    Boy I hope he did some reading before he started making these speedtests. According to the Verge which I am sure they got from Tmobile, the Unlimited International Data Roaming begins on October 31st.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/9/48...o-extra-charge
    You can add it on my.t-mobile.com early.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska View Post
    You can add it on my.t-mobile.com early.
    Sure you can probably add the international plan tied to your account early just in case you are going to be out of the country coming up so come Oct 31st you can start taking advantage of the international data romaing but that doesn't mean that the plan is enabled and in effect yet...meaning the computer system is not set up yet to accept these international roaming charges. Or else why are there talks about people getting $100 bogus charges. That is because the system does not recognize the unilimited international data roaming yet.

If you truly had the correct international plan, then why did you get tagged with $400 and were told you were not on the unlimited international data roaming plan.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Sure you can probably add the international plan tied to your account early just in case you are going to be out of the country coming up so come Oct 31st you can start taking advantage of the international data romaing but that doesn't mean that the plan is enabled and in effect yet...meaning the computer system is not set up yet to accept these international roaming charges. Or else why are there talks about people getting $100 bogus charges. That is because the system does not recognize the unilimited international data roaming yet.

If you truly had the correct international plan, then why did you get tagged with $400 and were told you were not on the unlimited international data roaming plan.
    I added it on mine 2 days ago and was near tijuana and had no charges at all.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score

I added it on mine 2 days ago and was near tijuana and had no charges at all today.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska View Post
    I added it on mine 2 days ago and was near tijuana and had no charges at all today.
    Is it 3G HSPA+ speeds or the advertised 128 Kbps?

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Is it 3G HSPA+ speeds or the advertised 128 Kbps?
    I wasn't able to test. I was out in the mountains east of san diego, along the border. Off some gas station where i only got mexican service. It seemed ok. I'll head towards the border tomorrow afternoon and test it out.

Feedback Score
    I wonder is there a way to shut off your phone so you dont get bill for 20 cent each call to your voicemail(if you reject) and still uses the data?

From my understanding that incoming texts are free...

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    I wonder is there a way to shut off your phone so you dont get bill for 20 cent each call to your voicemail(if you reject) and still uses the data?

From my understanding that incoming texts are free...
    Unconditional Call Forwarding to Voicemail will not get charged $0.20. Only Conditional Forwarding does, where your phone rings and then goes to Voicemail. If you are sure that you are not going to pick incoming calls, direct all calls to voicemail unconditionally.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

See this thread:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...count-message)

A bunch of us received it on the 20th.

I'm guessing the issue was because of the fact that he had "World Class Roaming" activated on his account, which supersedes the "Free" international slowed roaming plan.
    WiFi Guru

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So, are there any of you who went out of the US and tested some speeds since the beginning of this post?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico, and did a speed test on my Nokia Lumia 925. I got around 3 Mbps. However, I did get the same messages about me racking up $200 dlrs in data roaming charges. I immediately called CS to see what was going on, they said they did not see any additional charges besides a few calls I made the prior day. We shall see when the bill comes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anex99 View Post
    I was in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico, and did a speed test on my Nokia Lumia 925. I got around 3 Mbps. However, I did get the same messages about me racking up $200 dlrs in data roaming charges. I immediately called CS to see what was going on, they said they did not see any additional charges besides a few calls I made the prior day. We shall see when the bill comes.

What plan do you have and when did you do the speed test?

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast