Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Unlimited' International Data Speedtest!

Feedback Score
    Are you able to use apps like Google+ in London without much issues? Or is too slow? When sending and receiving emails, is it noticeably slow than home or is not noticeable at all.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Currently in Shanghai China on my T-Mobile iPad Air that I picked up last week with the on demand and free 200mb of data. Getting no service and searching. Called TMo and they said there's no service in China WTF. That's the whole reason I got the IPad is to roam Internationally. Will be in Amsterdam next week it better work or I'm sending it back.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jercdevil View Post
    Currently in Shanghai China on my T-Mobile iPad Air that I picked up last week with the on demand and free 200mb of data. Getting no service and searching. Called TMo and they said there's no service in China WTF. That's the whole reason I got the IPad is to roam Internationally. Will be in Amsterdam next week it better work or I'm sending it back.
    Why would you expect the free 200MB data plan to give you free international data roaming?

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    To answer couple of above posts:
    1. Operated perfectly on 4 or 5 T-M devices in mainland China and Hong Kong. Free intl. roaming is only for those on regular Simple plans. Not pre-paid etc.
    2. We made good use of Google Maps. Once a map in an area is loaded - doesn't take very long, updates as you move around are quite fast. This is one feature th is great to have now we can leave phone data on as we move about. As I mentioned, I think, above, normal functions are more than adequate. Even those who do more non-business stuff like Facebook piccs, etc. will be happy.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    6 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. 2G fast data on each line . $120/mo. + taxes. We have had no landline in more than 10 years.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techuser1 View Post
    Are you able to use apps like Google+ in London without much issues? Or is too slow? When sending and receiving emails, is it noticeably slow than home or is not noticeable at all.

Sent with the HoFo App
    While the connections speed is slow it is very useable. I have not had any trouble using apps like Google Maps or sending email. Posting pictures to Facebook also works fine. The speeds are throttled for sure but the connection is solid enough to do most everything I need.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    Why would you expect the free 200MB data plan to give you free international data roaming?
    My post paid tablet plan 500mb on my iPad which is $10 per month after the $10 credit allows free roaming. It works great!

Feedback Score
    As far as I know there is no free international roaming on a postpaid tablet plan on Tmobile. I think the free international roaming exists only on the Simple everything plan startling at $50. Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Of course you can get the $50 simply everything plan and put the sim in your iPad.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techuser1 View Post
    As far as I know there is no free international roaming on a postpaid tablet plan on Tmobile. I think the free international roaming exists only on the Simple everything plan startling at $50. Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Of course you can get the $50 simply everything plan and put the sim in your iPad.

Sent with the HoFo App
    That is incorrect.

Selected Plan

$ 20per month

Plus taxes, fees and monthly device payment

500 MB of high-speed data on our network

International roaming

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Seems like a good thing like unlimited international data happens, that nobody else offers for free with a contract-mind you, and then people just seem to ask for more and more..... nowhere does it say anywhere that the free iPad data would work overseas...

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The free 200 mb plan does not include any roaming..domestic or international.

Limited time offers; subject to change. Taxes and fees additional. Free Data: No roaming. Usage applied first to passes, next to Starter Data, then Mobile Internet allotment. Bring Your Own Tablet: Unlocked, capable device required. Check your warranty and contract with your carrier to see what conditions apply to unlocking your device. Mobile Internet Service: Credit approval, deposit and $10 SIM starter kit may be required. Partial megabytes rounded up. Full speeds available up to monthly allotment; then slowed to up to 2G speeds for rest of billing cycle. Roaming and on-network data allotments differ; see your selected service for details. $10 Voice Discount: Requires one other line of post-paid phone service on the same account. LTE: Capable device and qualifying service required for LTE. Equipment Installment Plan: Availability and amount of EIP financing subject to credit approval. Down payment & unfinanced portion required at purchase. Balance paid in monthly installments. Must remain on qualifying service in good standing for duration of EIP agreement. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on phone/device becomes due. Taxes and late/non-payment fees may apply. Participating locations only. Example shown reflects the down payment & monthly payments of our most creditworthy customers; amounts for others will vary. Pricing applicable to single device purchase. Device and screen images simulated. Coverage not available in some areas. Our Fastest Speeds/Twice as Fast with 4G LTE: Based on T-Mobile's HSPA and LTE networks. Faster Web-Browsing: Based on average website download speeds. International Coverage: Qualifying postpaid Simple Choice plan and capable device required. Standard speeds approx. 128 Kbps. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.

Feedback Score
    The $20 Simple Choice Mobile Internet Plan Includes Unlimited International Data Roaming. I have confirmed that with Tmobile and have also researched the article as below. It clearly states that unlimited international roaming at 2G speeds is included.

This is great!!

Does T-Mobile offer a plan for international travel with my tablet or mobile hotspot?

To use your tablet or mobile hotspot while you’re out of the country, simply sign up for T-Mobile International Internet Service before your trip. First, check your device to make sure it supports the frequencies used at your destinations. T-Mobile’s Simple Choice Mobile Internet Plan now includes unlimited data and text in more than 100 countries worldwide at no extra charges. Simple Choice MI plans for Tablets and Hotspots offer the same benefit. Plans start at just $10 for T-Mobile Voice customers who have a Mobile Internet line on their account.

Feedback Score
    I have both the 200mb and 500mb data plan post paid, I can confirm the 200mb plan does not get free international roaming but the 500mb plan does. It makes sense because why would you receive free roaming if u have a free plan?

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    I have both the 200mb and 500mb data plan post paid, I can confirm the 200mb plan does not get free international roaming but the 500mb plan does. It makes sense because why would you receive free roaming if u have a free plan?

Sent with the HoFo App
    I can confirm that my 500mb plan states it includes free roaming. I'm using it now in London and all data use just show up as used from my domestic allotment when I log into my account.

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DWC1 View Post
    I can confirm that my 500mb plan states it includes free roaming. I'm using it now in London and all data use just show up as used from my domestic allotment when I log into my account.
    The question I have is: In theory, your "allotment" is theoretically unlimited. It is just slowed down when you exceed the initial amount included in your plan. Since the free intl data roaming is already slowed, what would happen if you exceed the initial allotment on your account? Wh we were in China, we didn't exceed the allotment - so I don't know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstract08 View Post
    Seems like a good thing like unlimited international data happens, that nobody else offers for free with a contract-mind you, and then people just seem to ask for more and more..... nowhere does it say anywhere that the free iPad data would work overseas...

Sent with the HoFo App
    After many calls to TMo reps they said this would work. Not trying to be cheap I wanted to make sure this worked before I upped my plan. I have AT&T and use there 120mb intl for $30.00. This works for me just use it to check email and iMessage on iPhone. I will sign up for the 500mb plan and see what happens. Next spot Germany and Amsterdam next week.

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast