Droid Razr
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    AT&T Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk Phones on Verizon Towers

Hi all,

I bought the Straight Talk Bring Your Own Phone CDMA Activation Kit

I have Verizon earlier. So I have 3 Verizon 4G LTE Phones lying idle.
    SGS3
    Droid Razr
    LG Revolution.

All are 4G LTE Phones from verizon.

My doubt here is, which phones can I use with this CDMA Activation kit ?

Thanks a ton for Your replies. I saw some list of phones on this forums made around 1 year back.
    I saw those Phones list. But let me tell You one thing frankly. They suck.

So looking for some 4G LTE Phones which can be activated on verizon Towers using that flash kit.

Thank You.

Feedback Score
    NONE! straight talk currently will not allow LTE phone in their system yet. only 3G & older phones are allowed and no verizon prepaid phones either. and flashed phones and esn cloned phones will not stay active on straight talk for very long. if you want an LTE phone on straight talk you would either have to buy the st AT&T/tmobile sim or buy the straight talk
    samsung galaxy S3 which is on sprint prepaid non roaming network. and now straight talk
    is letting customers bring your sprint phones to ST and i think you get LTE too.
    Last edited by october262; 10-25-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Feedback Score
    Will Sprint 4g lte cdma phones on Straighttalk only use Sprint towers? I have two that I put on Straighttalk think since they were cdma they would work. The one phone that is working is roaming and doesn't get data. The other phone says no service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halifax88 View Post
    Will Sprint 4g lte cdma phones on Straighttalk only use Sprint towers? I have two that I put on Straighttalk think since they were cdma they would work. The one phone that is working is roaming and doesn't get data. The other phone says no service.
    you'd probably have to give straight talk a call, because it sounds like your phones aren't set up correctly. also
    you can put in a support ticket on straight talks facebook page and get help there.

Phone
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk(AT&T Sim)
    Feedback Score
    Also, this is Sprint's prepaid network, which covers almost nothing.

Phones
    N/A
    Droid 2 Global
    LG VX9800 "The V" (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Problem is, even Sprint LTE phones (as well as VZW's) do *not* use normal CDMA authentication or setup procedures, they use GSM-style authentication with a CSIM program on the SIM providing compatibility mode to be able to connect to CDMA networks. A few LTE phones can have the LTE disabled and be used as a straight CDMA phone, but it appears complicated and quite a few models may not support it at all.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the all the replies. I gave ST a call last night and they tried to 'activate it on another carrier' but he still has no service this morning. I guess I'll call again later today after the 24 hour period.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halifax88 View Post
    Do a factory reset on the phone and start the activation again.This will clear out all the old setting from sprint. Also change your network setting to cdma.