Thread: Can't open picture (MMS) messages on Huawei W1

Carrier
    Straight Talk at&t sim
    Feedback Score

Can't open picture (MMS) messages on Huawei W1

I just purchased this phone today, and after spending literally all day on google and talking to Straight Talk's sub par customer service, I can not open any picture messages with my phone. My internet with and without wifi works, and I can send pic messages, but when I receive one, it will say "get media content now". After tapping it says "getting media content", and then doesn't do anything. I am using (as far as I know) AT&T sim provided with the phone. I have tried doing the following:

Reset phone factory settings
    Tried a number of different apn's for AT&T sims, including the current one on here: Updated: How to Setup Straight Talk & NET10 Data and MMS on Android, iPhone & Windows Phone | Prepaid Phone News
    Toggling airplane mode on/off
    Restarting the phone
    Removing and reinstalling sim card
    Turning wifi on/off

From what I can gather many people are having problems with MMS with Windows Phones on Straight Talks' service. Does anybody have any idea what I could try?

Carrier
    at&t GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    It's something on ST's side. I had to call customer service multiple times before a tech did something and MMS started working. Did you have your ST account on a different phone? I think they have to reset your account when you start using a windows phone.
    ~Azrael's Kiss~

Carrier
    Straight Talk at&t sim
    Feedback Score
    You're right, it is on ST's side. I found their resolutionteam email address yesterday morning and after a few tries, the tech said they made some changes to my account. Since I bought the phone from Straight Talk (it's not a bring your own phone) I didn't have to have anything in the MMS APN, all they had to do was do something on their end. To answer your question though this is my first time with Straight Talk.

LA, NYC, Raleigh Durham NC, San Diego, San Francisco, DC
    Phone
    Motorola Moto X, formerly iPhone 4S, Nokia Lumia 520, iPhone 4, Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Cricket, formerly T-Mobile, H2O, Ultra Mobile, Simple Mobile, Black, Straight Talk, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just curious, so how do you like the Huawei W1 phone? I'm thinking of getting it and would like to know your thoughts and experience using it. Also, how do you like the Windows phone 8 operating system? Thanks!

Sent with the HoFo App
    Sent from my Maaaarvelous Moto X, but I'm hankering for the amazing value and big screens of the OnePlus One and Huawei Ascend Mate 2!

Carrier
    Straight Talk at&t sim
    Feedback Score
    It's not a bad phone. This is only my second smartphone, but my first with Windows Phone 8. The phone navigates the OS just fine, I haven't had any hiccups or freezes yet. Call quality is good, the keyboard doesn't lag behind or stutter like it did on my HTC Inspire when texting. Using the internet is fast with wi/fi, and the best thing about it is the long battery life. Camera is decent though it's sometimes hit or miss. There's a few minor inconveniences, like the small selection of apps compared to Android, but a lot of the important ones are there. There's no light or vibration to indicate a missed call or text, you just have to randomly look at your phone. The calendar is small and can barely see which dates you have notes on. Overall it's a good phone for the money. I'd recommend getting some kind of gel case for it if you decide to get it.

LA, NYC, Raleigh Durham NC, San Diego, San Francisco, DC
    Phone
    Motorola Moto X, formerly iPhone 4S, Nokia Lumia 520, iPhone 4, Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Cricket, formerly T-Mobile, H2O, Ultra Mobile, Simple Mobile, Black, Straight Talk, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info! Sounds like a good phone since the core feature that's important for me is that it surfs the web fine without lag and freezing. That's one of the knocks on the non-nexus android phones, the lag and glitches. I only use core basic productive apps, so the number of apps is not important to me as many android apps appear to be games or some other silly non-useful junk (like a fart app!). Does the W1 have MS Office built in?