Thread: ST iPhone 5S use to say HOME LTE now says TFW LTE. Is that the same for everyone else

Feedback Score

ST iPhone 5S use to say HOME LTE now says TFW LTE. Is that the same for everyone else

Hi,

on my wife's iPhone 5S, that I unlocked for her and threw in a chopped down GSM AT&T nano sim, from ST (using a t-mob nano to change the APN settings)

It use to say HOME, where the provider name normally is and now it recently changed to say TFW. Which i assume is tracefone. Is that the norm? Is there a way to see if i'm still using the AT&T towers ?

Comparing directly to my contract AT&T iphone 5S, using speedtest X, the speed is on average about 30% slower on the ST, compared to my contract AT&T both showing LTE..

Anyway, just curious as to why it changed from HOME to TFW ?

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That means you got the new carrier update. It still uses AT&T, but iPhones on Straight Talk now correctly self configure data and picture messaging settings using the new tfdata APN. If your sim card still required the old att.mvno APN, you should have them switch you over.

TFW = TracFone Wireless

Long, related thread here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-update-(15-6)
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    I had them sell me a new SIM not all that long ago.. Because the old SIM wasn't LTE compatible. I can't be 100% sure, but fairly confident i used the tfw apn settings. If my memory serves me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    That means you got the new carrier update. It still uses AT&T, but iPhones on Straight Talk now correctly self configure data and picture messaging settings using the new tfdata APN. If your sim card still required the old att.mvno APN, you should have them switch you over.

TFW = TracFone Wireless

Long, related thread here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-update-(15-6)

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you have LTE, I'm pretty sure it's tfdata.

If data and picture messaging works, then it's fine. You won't have to worry about setting up data/picture messaging settings after phone updates anymore.