Thread: ZTE Valet voicemail

Feedback Score

ZTE Valet voicemail

I have voicemail set up on this phone but I have one problem. When checking voicemails, numbers keep getting hit accidentally when trying to listen to messages. I know I could put speaker on but I really don't want people around me hearing my messages. Any ideas?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If your phone is like the Centura the screen is disabled and turns dark when calling and your ear gets close to the phone. When you remove your ear from the phone it lights back up and is active again.

Feedback Score
    That doesn't seem to be happening on the ZTE. I bring up the dial pad. Press 1 for voicemail. It asks for my pin #. I enter it and then #. Put phone to my ear and it enters another number cuz the screen is so sensitive. And of course doesn't connect cuz it thinks the pin # is wrong. Only way I can get it to work correctly is to put it on speaker. So what am I missing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    That doesn't seem to be happening on the ZTE. I bring up the dial pad. Press 1 for voicemail. It asks for my pin #. I enter it and then #. Put phone to my ear and it enters another number cuz the screen is so sensitive. And of course doesn't connect cuz it thinks the pin # is wrong. Only way I can get it to work correctly is to put it on speaker. So what am I missing?
    Does this also happen when you are talking to someone on the phone?

If you call voicemail and put your hand near the ear speaker, does the display dim and disable keypad entry?

Do u have a cover or protector on the phone obstructing sensor?
    Cheers!

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In your settings menu after you touch the phone icon you can set your voice mail setting to *86,,xxxx# (xxxx = your code) and it will connect without entering the code yourself. (*86 for verizon)

Feedback Score
    Can't say for sure if it happens when I'm talking to someone. Calls seem to be fine.
    I tried calling voicemail and putting hand near ear speaker. Display did not dim.
    I do have a screen protector on the phone but it is not obstructing the ear speaker (if that is where the sensor is).

Feedback Score
    I looked when I made a call and the screen does go dark when I make a call.