Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZTE Valet Capabilities

Feedback Score

ZTE Valet Capabilities

Has anyone tried scanning QR/barcodes with their ZTE Valet phone? If so, how did it perform?

Similarly, has any tried a check deposit using this phone's camera? Again, how did it fair?

Last question, can you import Google Contacts into this phone's contact list to avoid a lot of key entry?

Thanks

Feedback Score

Same questions

I have to say I have the same questions. But I did find my Google contacts found their way onto my ZTE Valet from my old LG800G all on their own.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick1030 View Post
    I have to say I have the same questions. But I did find my Google contacts found their way onto my ZTE Valet from my old LG800G all on their own.

Thanks ****
    At least the contacts importing is good news and a big time saver.

Feedback Score
    To answer my own questions....

I got a check and deposited it using the Chase account and ZTE Valet. It worked perfectly.

I then found a test screen for QR codes. Again, the Valet did the job. I did get a warning about barcodes since the phone does not autofocus. However, I need to find a barcode test and really try it.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if you did anything special. Was your check a printed company type or a personal check? I have not been able to deposit to Chase with my new ZTE Valet. They reject the image. I was able to deposit with my previous phone. I have a feeling others are unable also. - Roger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardsmith View Post
    I wonder if you did anything special. Was your check a printed company type or a personal check? I have not been able to deposit to Chase with my new ZTE Valet. They reject the image. I was able to deposit with my previous phone. I have a feeling others are unable also. - Roger
    Roger
    The check was a printed rebate check. However, since you need to photograph both sides of the check and the backside contained my endorsement signature (and not printed), the Valet picked it up well enough for Chase to accept it. Also, I was real careful to frame the check's image properly with plenty of light (no flash).

Feedback Score
    Thanks - I will try some more -

Feedback Score
    I really believe the poor camera quality of this phone renders it incapable of rendering an acceptable check image for bank on line deposit. On the rare occasions that it does it is an exception rather than the rule. The same is also true when trying to read bar codes with any given app.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile (Galaxy S5) Tracfone (Galaxy Centura) & AT&T (HTC Desire 610)
    Feedback Score
    It's a very under-powered device for those seeking an optimum Android performance...but c'mon folks! It's a sub-$100 device (when on sale) and can be maintained for $7/month on Verizon's network. The fact something like this even exists is a small miracle. You're not ever going to get a Galaxy Note 3 with 5 GB of monthly data for that price.

Feedback Score
    Haven't tried any QR codes yet but I was able to download the Square Register app and use it on my Valet. I don't believe the card reader will work, I was told it wouldn't and haven't tried. But I've been able to use the Square app itself to process credit and debit cards at various holiday events by using the alternate non-swipe entry method. You have to ask the customer their zip code to verify they are with you, and it charges the higher rate of 3% plus a few cents versus 2.75% but it worked just fine. It made a great (and needed) back up when our normal method of using wifi and our tablet wasn't able to work.

Feedback Score
    To transfer contacts from an lg800 pair to your zte, then on the lg800 send your contacts to a vCard file, by selecting contacts then hit the three bar icon on the left, which will show you settings on the screen select settings, then select send all contacts- it will then send your contacts to a vCard, it will then send them to the zte, on the zte you will get an incoming prompt SWIPE DOWN on the zte from the top of the screen and accept the file, job done, don't know how to write manuals, but neither does anyone else hope that helps. You can transfer all your pictures the same way
    Last edited by Bowboysam; 12-06-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowboysam View Post
    To transfer contacts from an lg800 pair to your zte, then on the lg800 send your contacts to a vCard file, it will then send them to the zte, on the zte you will get an incoming prompt SWIPE DOWN on the zte from the top of the screen and accept the file, job done
    Where is the vCard file? On the LG 800? A computer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowboysam View Post
    To transfer contacts from an lg800 pair to your zte, then on the lg800 send your contacts to a vCard file, it will then send them to the zte, on the zte you will get an incoming prompt SWIPE DOWN on the zte from the top of the screen and accept the file, job done
    What you do is open contacts on the lg800 and hit the three bar icon bottom left then hit send all contacts, this sends it to a vCard file, which then (if you are already paired to the zte) sends that data to the zte, geddit, then your new phone will tell you incoming data, then SWIPE DOWN on the screen from the top, it will ask you if you want the data, accept it job done

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can you do any way of tethering on the Tracfone ZTE Valet?

Carrier
    Verizon PrePaid, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by extremeuser View Post
    Can you do any way of tethering on the Tracfone ZTE Valet?
    NO...not allowed nor not possible without a different ROM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast