Feedback Score

iOS 7.0.3 Update Problems

Does anyone know how to resolve issues occurring after the iOS 7.0.3 update? iCloud isn't working correctly anymore for devices that were fine before the update. One of our devices can no longer receive texts from random people including one of our devices. One device says offline every time we reset it & no longer updates to icloud. That also means that device can no longer be located if lost (one of the best advantages of paying for icloud). The ringer on one device has also been acting up & causes calls to be unanswered. Those calls also go straight to voice mail. It's just a mess on iPhone 4 & 5 devices. The iPad appears to be unaffected by the update. Help!

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB (foreign SIM unlocked)
    Motorola V360 (Unlocked)
    Carrier
    Sprint, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    There has been a lot posted on Apple forums about iPhone 4S WiFi problems since the update iOS 7. So far I have updated two iPhone 4S's and an iPad 2 to iOS 7 and have not experienced any problems. I am not sure how you have been updating the devices but I updated all my devices to iOS 7 via iTunes not the downloaded update on the device. I did this in order to have a full backup of the device on my PC. The funny thing is, every one of these devices had a slight glitch during the update process that required me to restore the device from my computer backup as part of the update process (the way it used to be done). That may very well have cleared or avoided whatever had been causing problems. I know that Apple often recommends a backup and restore when devices start acting up. The only suggesting I can make at the moment is to take one of the malfunctioning devices and try a full backup and restore via iTunes.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, that is helpful. The entire reason for updating was based on past experiences where failure to do so caused devices to act up but this is even worse than those experiences. The iPhone 5 has always been on iCloud & never backed up the old way. Do you think that will cause a problem? We haven't plugged in to back up in a while on an of our devices. I thought that was an advantage of iCloud as well...

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB (foreign SIM unlocked)
    Motorola V360 (Unlocked)
    Carrier
    Sprint, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I recall when iOS 5 came out, the update was performed as it always had but Apple stated from then on, in place updates would be possible without the use of iTunes. It seems from that point on, people started reporting device problems that mysteriously went away when they did a full backup and restore. I have always done major updates via iTunes but performed the minor .x updates in place. So far, I have never experienced all the issues that people are reporting with their various updated devices (other than problems that Apple actually has released patches for).

All you have to lose is the use of the device for a few hours while it backs up and restores.