Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How long do i have until i need to refill my phone?

Feedback Score

How long do i have until i need to refill my phone?

My phone service ended one the 31 of last month which was yesterday but how many days or weeks do i have to refill my phone? im just lazy and trying to hold until monday haha thanks in advance

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    iPhone 5
    Razr V3
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    We ported a number out from ST and received text messages for several weeks telling us to refill the account if we wanted to keep the number. YMMV but less than 5 days doesn't seem like an excessive period with no refill.

Phones
    Nexus 5
    Moto G
    Carrier
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    Poor most likely, not lazy... jeez.

In less time than it took you to post here, you could have refilled online...Amazing.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iJovan View Post
    My phone service ended one the 31 of last month which was yesterday but how many days or weeks do i have to refill my phone? im just lazy and trying to hold until monday haha thanks in advance
    I would not let it go past thirty days. Your service end date will be readjusted from the date you renew service.

Refilling Your Account after Service End Date: If you do not buy and add Services prior to the Service End Date, your Straight Talk Service will be deactivated on the Service End Date and you may lose your telephone number. If your Straight Talk phone is deactivated for failure to add Services before the Service End Date, you will need to provide your Straight Talk wireless phone’s IMEI/MEID DEC number in order to reactivate your service. If you have a phone with a prepaid engine, you can add an airtime card from this prepaid area. The prepaid engine is accessible from your phone display. Select the menu option and a selection titled “Prepaid” will display. You may add an airtime pin by selecting “Add Airtime” and following the prompts. This feature may not be available in all phone models. Please note that Straight Talk does not provide refunds for unused minutes, texts or data.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iJovan View Post
    lol you must like playing russian roulette.the thing if you live in a highly cell congested area where all the big 4 play you stand a verry real chance of looosing your #.

Phones
    iPhone 5S, 5, and 4S
    (Apple unlocked) iOS 8.1.1
    Carrier
    ST TFW 18.0 (AT&T BYOD SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I have wondered about this too... my phone and my wife's phone service end dates are a few days apart. I would like to sync the two so that they both have the same end date.

If you wait to renew one day after service expires, do you still risk losing your #? I would assume they would hold your # for a few days, before releasing it.

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    lol you must like playing russian roulette.the thing if you live in a highly cell congested area where all the big 4 play you stand a verry real chance of looosing your #.
    There are times when we have to decide which is more important, feed the phone or feed our growling stomach.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    There are times when we have to decide which is more important, feed the phone or feed our growling stomach.
    that is fine and dandy.how is that st problem.put on your bigboy pants and say if i dont pay up on service date i will lose my # and it is not st fault.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rushbass View Post
    I have wondered about this too... my phone and my wife's phone service end dates are a few days apart. I would like to sync the two so that they both have the same end date.

If you wait to renew one day after service expires, do you still risk losing your #? I would assume they would hold your # for a few days, before releasing it.
    hey all you know you can stack service pins with st.you cant with aio or gophone.you dont have to wait till service date to refill.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    hey all you know you can stack service pins with st.you cant with aio or gophone.you dont have to wait till service date to refill.
    With GoPhone you can have into your account up to 500$ and at&t will chip away every 30 days. I think so is with AIO, that's why with new activation, you buy for 60 days, your given 90 days total for the price of 60 days, idk how long this promotion will last

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    that is fine and dandy.how is that st problem.put on your bigboy pants and say if i dont pay up on service date i will lose my # and it is not st fault.
    Its never ST's problem. Unlike postpaid where the carrier gives you chance you pay the bill, with prepaid, no payee after 30 days, no yappie, yappie. What I meant was if short on funds, need to decide which services gets priority. Feed the mouth or feed da phone, simple as that.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Its never ST's problem. Unlike postpaid where the carrier gives you chance you pay the bill, with prepaid, no payee after 30 days, no yappie, yappie. What I meant was if short on funds, need to decide which services gets priority. Feed the mouth or feed da phone, simple as that.

then dont go cry,cry,cry when you lose you number when you let your service laps.the question was will i lose my number because i let my service laps.i said yes you can but in different words.

so if some one had to make a tough choice st should cut them some slack.

what a crock

Feedback Score
    then dont go cry,cry,cry when you lose you number when you let your service laps.the question was will i lose my number because i let my service laps.i said yes you can but in different words.

so if some one had to make a tough choice st should cut them some slack.

what a crock
    I dunno but I had to contact att last night to switch iPhone 5S to dumb phone, and switch to a different SIM card, they gave me so much trouble it took hours to settle it. And all the while they tell me things like "I'm having a great day because we have you as a customer".... I am so happy with ST and so glad to be far away from att. They're nice to hook you in, then they screw you.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    my brothers go weeks at a time in between allowances and constantly lose their numbers. longest i've ever gone is 5 days maybe. and it was scarey!

Phone
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk(AT&T Sim)
    Feedback Score
    My parents have gone a few days before IIRC due to Straight Talk's auto-refill being nearly worthless. They just switched to Consumer Cellular this month because of it. Luckily they still have their numbers, which they've had for about 10 years now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast