Thread: Can i bring over a Verizon phone to straightalk?

Feedback Score

Can i bring over a Verizon phone to straightalk?

Heard rumor in the past that you can bring over a Verizon phone to straight talk. My mom wants a cheaper bill as she is paying Verizon $50 for 500 mins and any text she gets is extra. Figured a cheaper place like Straight talk might do her well with the $30 plan.

Though she kinda wants to stay on Verizon or maybe ATT as I heard they are good in my area. Also wants to keep the same phone number. So hope that is still possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glennh73 View Post
    Heard rumor in the past that you can bring over a Verizon phone to straight talk. My mom wants a cheaper bill as she is paying Verizon $50 for 500 mins and any text she gets is extra. Figured a cheaper place like Straight talk might do her well with the $30 plan.

Though she kinda wants to stay on Verizon or maybe ATT as I heard they are good in my area. Also wants to keep the same phone number. So hope that is still possible.
    Here's what I would do...if she only uses 500 mins, I would get the straight talk $30/mo plan (you pick if you want to activate on the Verizon side or AT&T side of straight talk...then go online for the refills..you can get the $30 monthly plan for $18 on eBay. You'll have 1000 mins talk and 1000 mms and text. Only 30mb data so I wouldn't use a smartphone..

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There may be options. Verizon does NOT allow prepaid MVNO SIM cards, or LTE phones to be on their prepaid MVNOs in any way. If she has an old pre-LTE phone, she may be able to activate it on Straight Talk.

If she has a newer LTE phone that supports the AT&T network, she could bring it to Straight Talk on the AT&T side with a SIM card.

Phones you bring have to be on the $45 plan...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan T View Post
    Phones you bring have to be on the $45 plan...
    Whoops, good call, I totally forgot about that. So I guess your option is $32/mo to bring your own phone to straight talk. Red pocket isn't worth it for $2 less, because you get no data.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    well she has an old Verizon Pantech and its one of those contract phones for free and her 2yrs is up. She uses less than 100 mins a month and don't text or use data.

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can't use Straight Talk's $30 monthly plan with their Bring your own phone program. If you bring your own phone to activate on ST you can only use the $45 monthly unlimited plan.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    What she needs to do is activate it on Page Plus. They have a 12.00 plan 250 minutes, 250 texts and 10 mb of data for 12 bucks a month!https://pagepluswireless.com/product...roduct=The-12-