Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free reconditioned Proclaim on Straight Talk web site.

Feedback Score

Free reconditioned Proclaim on Straight Talk web site.

Don't have to use it as a phone. Give them away as an Android IPod. Make family happy.

http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdi...ionId=22240619

sorry URL expired this is what page looks like

Name:  ST website 2.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  91.1 KB
    Last edited by junk_jim; 11-05-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yep, I ordered one just to have an extra phone to play with.

Feedback Score

straighttalk

can i just get online and order a "FREE" phone. Also i love straight talk however my phone sucks. I do a lot of browsing and emailing its my "main" computer i guess you could say. I hate that their phones dont have enough memory however my budget for a new phone is less than $100. Please help

Feedback Score
    no you have to order the card bundle with it im already on the network thats just silly. Can anyone tell me which phones are compatible with st and under $100 ty

Feedback Score
    I just checked on line and their "out of stock." To late I guess. You can keep checking back maybe they'll show up. If they were available you would have had to buy a one month service card for $45 plus pay shipping of $5 or so. They have a few other "free" phones if you want to check them out. Remember the smart phones need the $45/month plan to work, you can get that a little cheaper buying three or six month cards on line at Walmart if you can get the Walmart web site to really accept payment. You can get them even cheaper on ebay if you don't mind that it's probably involving credit card fraud.

Also you need to be careful as to which carrier the phone's on. The Proclaims are running on Verizon and the web site still has them @ $99 along with a few others at the same price. Frequently cheap phones are just that "Cheap!" So I'd Google the heck out of any phone I was going to buy. Sometimes they sell reconditioned Proclaims much cheaper but not usually free. I assume the free ones have signs of use so couldn't be sold as refurbs.

I have used a Proclaim, my wife has it now, but wanted a bigger screen and better camera so moved on to the LG Showtime. The Proclaim is I think surprisingly nice for it's price. I did a thread were I compared the Proclaim to the Showtime and lots of folks commented on the thread that they were happy with the Proclaim.

I'm thinking right now of switching to the ZTE majesty. At $179 it's more than your budgeting but is a pretty nice phone for the price. Straighttalk doesn't have it on it's web site but Walmart does or did the last time I checked.

Good luck with you quest for a better phone but remember pre-paid only works for the really well informed.
    Last edited by junk_jim; 11-05-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered one. I've been looking at it for a few days and reading through this I figured why not. Cost 48 delivered with unlimited talk,text and data. Of course the data is throttled at 2.5 gb.
    Last edited by gs2432; 11-05-2013 at 08:10 PM.

LA, NYC, Raleigh Durham NC, San Diego, San Francisco, DC
    Phone
    Motorola Moto X, formerly iPhone 4S, Nokia Lumia 520, iPhone 4, Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Cricket, formerly T-Mobile, H2O, Ultra Mobile, Simple Mobile, Black, Straight Talk, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by junk_jim View Post
    I'm thinking right now of switching to the ZTE majesty. At $179 it's more than your budgeting but is a pretty nice phone for the price. Straighttalk doesn't have it on it's web site but Walmart does or did the last time I checked.
    The ZTE Majesty IS actually offered on the Straight Talk website right now for 169.99. It's the best phone for the price with the newer android 4.1 operating system and a 4.5 inch screen.
    Sent from my Maaaarvelous Moto X, but I'm hankering for the amazing value and big screens of the OnePlus One and Huawei Ascend Mate 2!

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys. I just got this reconditioned phone. Everything seems to be working fine and dandy. But the only thing that I am having trouble with is the sd card for the camera. It seems like I can only get 90 picture slots and 3 minutes on my video. I have an 8 gig micro sd card. Anyone have this problem? Any solutions? thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    I just got one too. I'll check it out and get back to you when i get a chance. The phone is pretty nice for free, a little cheap on the build scale compared to my a855, which is a tank, but it should get the job done. Going to be interesting to see how far this little guy can go.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys. I just got this reconditioned phone. Everything seems to be working fine and dandy. But the only thing that I am having trouble with is the sd card for the camera. It seems like I can only get 90 picture slots and 3 minutes on my video. I have an 8 gig micro sd card. Anyone have this problem? Any solutions? thanks in advance.
    It should do better than that.

Did you set the camera app to in fact write to the SD card and not the main memory.

Have you looked at the contents of the SD card using one of the file browsers to see if there are a bunch of files on the SD card? Sometimes apps don't clean up after themselves well. Also look to see what the android thinks is free on the SD card.

As a last resort remove all the important info on the SD card and then let the phone reformat it.

Got another SD card try that.

Feedback Score
    Using mine temporarily until i can get my nexus 5 hopefully in january

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Are they that backlogged?
    Didn't know this. Wow.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Feedback Score

Poor battery life

I have charged the phone fully. I left it on overnight and by morning the battery was drained. It is not activated yet so there is no data usage or telephone usage. The wifi was shut off. How could the batter drain that quickly?

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I still can't order from Tracfone, Net10 or Straight Talk; been at least 5 years now. I think they have my picture on the wall (next to Tracnet's).
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gate115 View Post
    Are they that backlogged?
    Didn't know this. Wow.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    I thought they learned a lesson last year? Maybe the demand is even higher?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast