Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG 840G Tracfone Questions

Feedback Score

LG 840G Tracfone Questions

I what to get my wife a Tracfone and she wants a smartphone. He minutes will be very low. But the kicker is she wants a white colored phone. She doesn't want black.

I found a LG 840G on Amazon which is a white Tracfone. I went to the Tracfone site and entered my zip code. It shows many phones but none in white. But it did display the LG 840G. So I'm assuming the LG 840G will work for her. Then I went onto Walmart's site. They had the LG 840G also but when I entered my zip code, it said it wouldn't work.

Does anyone know if there are different LG 840G's? Why would Walmart say "NO" and Tracfone say "OKAY"?

Feedback Score
    Forget about the Walmart zip code checker. If you are able to use AT&T or T-Mobile in your area, you will be fine.

For the white phone, check out shopcelldeals.com or their storefronts on Ebay and Amazon.

When you look up the phone on Tracfone.com, look at the url bar and check the market= part. If you see GSM4 at all, then Tracfone will send you an AT&T sim. If you see GSM5 at all, then Tracfone will send you a T-Mobile sim. You can edit this, but since they don't have the white phone, I won't go into it.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrj54 View Post
    I what to get my wife a Tracfone and she wants a smartphone. He minutes will be very low. But the kicker is she wants a white colored phone. She doesn't want black.

I found a LG 840G on Amazon which is a white Tracfone. I went to the Tracfone site and entered my zip code. It shows many phones but none in white. But it did display the LG 840G. So I'm assuming the LG 840G will work for her. Then I went onto Walmart's site. They had the LG 840G also but when I entered my zip code, it said it wouldn't work.

Does anyone know if there are different LG 840G's? Why would Walmart say "NO" and Tracfone say "OKAY"?
    You do realize the Lg840 is a feature phone, not a smartphone. But it is available in white. This may be the best selection of bundles, but note that shopcelldeals sells from other sites:
    http://stores.ebay.com/shopcelldeals..._sid=161278661

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Forget about the Walmart zip code checker. If you are able to use AT&T or T-Mobile in your area, you will be fine.

For the white phone, check out shopcelldeals.com or their storefronts on Ebay and Amazon.

When you look up the phone on Tracfone.com, look at the url bar and check the market= part. If you see GSM4 at all, then Tracfone will send you an AT&T sim. If you see GSM5 at all, then Tracfone will send you a T-Mobile sim. You can edit this, but since they don't have the white phone, I won't go into it.
    Thank you for the info. However, I when I clicked on the phone on TF web page, I didn't see any GSMx. Hopefully, its T-mobile. That's the phones we're replacing and I know work.

Feedback Score
    Look up at the url bar. You will have to scroll it some, but you will see something with market=

Feedback Score
    If you order from shopcelldeals, you will get AT&T automatically. That's all they have. Same with Walmart, I believe. However, perhaps Tracfone can send you a replacement sim that is T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    I would suggest the tracfone deal for the LG840G on HSN.com. It is under 308-074. It is a phone, 1500 mins to use in a year, chargers and a color battery cover for $69.95. It is too good a deal to pass up. She would have a black face phone but could have a zebra or leopard print battery cover on the back if she wants to dress it up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You do realize the Lg840 is a feature phone, not a smartphone. But it is available in white. This may be the best selection of bundles, but note that shopcelldeals sells from other sites:
    http://stores.ebay.com/shopcelldeals..._sid=161278661
    I'm not exactly sure the difference between a smartphone and a featured phone but what she wants is the phone feature, Text, and email. Will this featured phone do that?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I got an 840G in White from HSN a couple of months ago. I like it but I only talk and text. Don't know about emails.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrj54 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure the difference between a smartphone and a featured phone but what she wants is the phone feature, Text, and email. Will this featured phone do that?
    Yes , it can do those three things.

Feedback Score
    The definition of a feature phone/smartphone is a little muddled but here's a wiki that takes a stab at it:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_phone

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    If you order from shopcelldeals, you will get AT&T automatically. That's all they have. Same with Walmart, I believe. However, perhaps Tracfone can send you a replacement sim that is T-Mobile.
    I bought a refurb'd S425g from them and it came with a T-Mobile SIM oddly enough.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    Have heard many of the refurbs coming with T-Mobile SIMS no matter the seller. The T-Mobiles don't work as well as AT&T in many areas, and you have to argue with CS to get it changed. My guess is Tracfone has a lot of them because people return the phone rather than going through SIM change hassle. Seasoned users would just get the SIM.

Feedback Score
    I just got a LG 840g and all of a sudden a dark blue icon showed up on the top, it is not vertical like blue tooth icon it is horizontal kinda looks like spy glasses looking at you. I went to their on line manual and saw no such icon, it is closed to the envelope with voice mail icon but there is no envelope just those blue spy glasses Any one with an idea or if wrong place to ask. thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by granmanh View Post
    I just got a LG 840g and all of a sudden a dark blue icon showed up on the top, it is not vertical like blue tooth icon it is horizontal kinda looks like spy glasses looking at you. I went to their on line manual and saw no such icon, it is closed to the envelope with voice mail icon but there is no envelope just those blue spy glasses Any one with an idea or if wrong place to ask. thank you
    You have voice mail

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast