Phone
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

iPad Air Sim Card Switch

For those that were wondering if iPad Air's truly were unlocked, they are. I purchased an iPad Air for Sprint from the Apple store today. I came home and activated it on Sprint's network. They are offering 2 GB's of data for tablets for $15/month. I then went to the T-Mobile store and purchased a Nano Pay as You Go Sim Card for $10 (They made me also buy the 2 GB for $30 for the 1st month). I came home popped out the Sprint Sim Card and swapped the T-Mobile one into it. I turned the iPad to airplane mode, for 3 seconds then switched airplane mode off. It went to searching and after 30 seconds it found the T-mobile network. I did a speed test and got 209 Ping, 22.80 DL/5.31 UL speeds on T-Mobile. On Sprint it got 147 Ping, 2.94 DL/0.30 UL.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Does Sprint not have LTE where you're at?

Or - God forbid - is this how their LTE network performs?

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Phone
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately Network Vision is supposedly complete where I'm at but as I get within 3 blocks of my home, the signal drops off from 5 bars to 1 on my reception. My phone cycles through 1x-3G-LTE and can't get a good signal. Just recently LTE has been popping up on my phone more frequently, but as you can see through the speedtest T-Mobile blows Sprint away. I have gotten as high as 27.39DL/5.21UL speeds on Sprint so I know in my area so I know it's possible.

Phone
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So I took the SIM card out of my iPhone 5 and was able to insert it into the iPad Air. I was able to connect to the internet with pretty good LTE speeds. With the iPhone SIM card I got 89-Ping, 7.35-DL/3.84-UL. With the iPad SIM card I got 93-Ping, 7.36-DL/0.89-UL. I did receive a message that the SIM card was locked and I would have to power cycle the device but I was able to continue to surf the web on safari.

Tony