Thread: Is there any WiMax provider that uses the Verizon network (other than Verizon)?

Feedback Score

Is there any WiMax provider that uses the Verizon network (other than Verizon)?

FreedomPop, NetZero, and Clear all use the Sprint network but I only get a Verizon signal at my house. Verizon, however, seems terrible: they want a two year contract, and I hear nothing but bad things about their service. So are there any alternative WiMax providers that use the Verizon network?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by guises View Post
    FreedomPop, NetZero, and Clear all use the Sprint network but I only get a Verizon signal at my house. Verizon, however, seems terrible: they want a two year contract, and I hear nothing but bad things about their service. So are there any alternative WiMax providers that use the Verizon network?
    All those MVNOS are moving to LTE essentially as Clearwire is now owned by Sprint. However, it appears Millenicom offers broadband via Verizon network.

http://millenicom.com/plans/#hotspot-plan
    Once you submit the form above, our coverage locator will confirm if you are in a satisfactory location for our mobile broadband service plans.

Hotspot Plan: 20 gigabytes monthly of 3G/4G data transfer. $69.99/month, $49.99 activation fee, $15.00 shipping fee, $99.99 device purchase (Novatel MiFi 4620LE).

I believe this MVNO is Sprint? http://www.wirelessnwifi.com/High-Limit-4G3G-Service

Here is a listing of all Sprint/Clearwire MVNOs: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...roadband-MVNOs
    Last edited by 503ducati; 11-08-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Feedback Score
    Ah, thanks a lot. That's quite a few more choices than I realized.

Feedback Score
    We should be clear on this. Are you asking for a 4G provider or WiMax? I ask because wimax is only used by Sprint in the US.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Your title is a world of wrong, I hate to inform you, there is *no* large-scale mobile WiMax provider in the US other than Sprint. Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and even all recent Sprint construction uses LTE, not mobile WiMax.