Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Motorola moto G... coming to Verizon prepaid...

Feedback Score

Motorola moto G... coming to Verizon prepaid...

just saw an article about the moto g coming to Verizon prepaid in January... am I correct that a phone activated on Verizon prepaid CAN NOT be moved to PPC? what if it wasn't activated before trying to get it on PPC?

this would be an interesting phone for PPC if it could work!

Sent with the HoFo App

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Even if you were able to overcome the prepaid issue, the issue with this would be the fact that (assuming it's an LTE-capable device) it would have to be flashed to work on PPC, and the newer the 4G phone, the less anyone has experience with flashing it. That means no tutorials, and no experienced flashing services. No VZW MVNO (including PPC) allows out of the box 4G LTE phone compatibility on the 3G network, and certainly no 4G LTE service.

I think the rule about the prepaid issue is that, any handset that has been designated for use officially as a VZW prepaid phone can't be used on a VZW MVNO, previously activated or not.

Feedback Score
    my understanding is that it will be a 3g only phone... Verizon doesn't allow 4g on its own prepay

Sent with the HoFo App

Phones
    LG Lucid
    Motorola Droid A855
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    There is some additional discussion on this thread:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...orola-s-Moto-G
    Looks like GSM/UMTS/CDMA only. Price is $179 FOR 8 GB and $199 FOR 16 GB direct from Moto. So I would assume that a Verizon ready version would work on any Verizon MVNO unless Verizon requires some sort of lock. Also if Verizon sells units for less that the direct from Moto cost, those units would probably be restricted to Verizon prepaid and would hopefully have a different IMEI/MEID block then the full cost units.
    Timothy Barr

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by falingtrea View Post
    There is some additional discussion on this thread:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...orola-s-Moto-G
    Looks like GSM/UMTS/CDMA only. Price is $179 FOR 8 GB and $199 FOR 16 GB direct from Moto. So I would assume that a Verizon ready version would work on any Verizon MVNO unless Verizon requires some sort of lock. Also if Verizon sells units for less that the direct from Moto cost, those units would probably be restricted to Verizon prepaid and would hopefully have a different IMEI/MEID block then the full cost units.
    I hope this is the case so that PPC can start having "modern" smartphones!
    This smartphone's target is not just the USA! Thus it has NO LTE radios built in :-)

Feedback Score
    I am glad there is already a thread on this. This should be a PERFECT page plus phone for alot of people. It is already 3g only (so should require no flashing) and it is a brand new phone running the latest software for under $200. I really wish they made the screen 4.8", I dont think I would be able to move to this from my flashed s3 due to screen size.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Verizon is indeed going to offer this phone on prepaid starting in January 2014 according to an official tweet. I, like others, am hoping that an unlocked version that is Verizon ready and available directly from Motorola will be able to be activated on PPC via OTA programming. No third party flashing should be required because it is 3g only. This couldn't come soon enough!

Feedback Score
    just found this tidbit from another article...

"In the US, Moto G will be sold on Motorola.com, with no contract, no SIM lock and an unlockable bootloader for USD$179 with 8GB of storage and USD$199 for 16GB. Moto G will also be available through various carriers and retailers."

i'm excited for this phone... fingers crossed!

Feedback Score
    Just got this from the motorola website as well.
    CDMA Model: CDMA/EVDO Rev A

From all the information it should be plug and play with page plus.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cdsgraphic View Post
    just found this tidbit from another article...

"In the US, Moto G will be sold on Motorola.com, with no contract, no SIM lock and an unlockable bootloader for USD$179 with 8GB of storage and USD$199 for 16GB. Moto G will also be available through various carriers and retailers."

i'm excited for this phone... fingers crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by thejushinator View Post
    Just got this from the motorola website as well.
    CDMA Model: CDMA/EVDO Rev A

From all the information it should be plug and play with page plus.
    Does this mean there will be two different variation of the Moto G, one GSM and one CDMA, or will it be just one device that can be used with US GSM and/or US CDMA providers?
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Does this mean there will be two different variation of the Moto G, one GSM and one CDMA, or will it be just one device that can be used with US GSM and/or US CDMA providers?
    best guess... just one phone with both radios.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using HoFo mobile app

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cdsgraphic View Post
    best guess... just one phone with both radios.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using HoFo mobile app
    That would be so nice. That's how I use my Incredible 2. I got a SIM unlock code for ~$3 and have a Lycamobile SIM in it, so I can use Lycamobile and PPC together on the same phone, and it is seamless since I use Google Voice. So if that will still be possible with this new Moto G, I'll be happy.

If the above turns out to be true, the main thing I'll be missing from my Incredible 2 is my 32GB SD card. I still don't understand why some phone manufacturers have stopped including SD card compatibility.

I also MIGHT miss not having an 8 megapixel rear camera, but that would remain to be seen, because for my purposes, a 5 megapixel camera would be perfectly fine, as long as the camera is fast, can take well-exposed, blur-free pictures, and has a good flash, which are things NOT affected by megapixel count.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That would be so nice. That's how I use my Incredible 2. I got a SIM unlock code for ~$3 and have a Lycamobile SIM in it, so I can use Lycamobile and PPC together on the same phone, and it is seamless since I use Google Voice. So if that will still be possible with this new Moto G, I'll be happy.

If the above turns out to be true, the main thing I'll be missing from my Incredible 2 is my 32GB SD card. I still don't understand why some phone manufacturers have stopped including SD card compatibility.

I also MIGHT miss not having an 8 megapixel rear camera, but that would remain to be seen, because for my purposes, a 5 megapixel camera would be perfectly fine, as long as the camera is fast, can take well-exposed, blur-free pictures, and has a good flash, which are things NOT affected by megapixel count.
    Google is pushing cloud storage...

Same thing with their nexus 4 and 5 with no expandable memory.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thejushinator View Post
    Google is pushing cloud storage...

Same thing with their nexus 4 and 5 with no expandable memory.
    Yeah, you're right. But I'd still rather have almost everything I want stored locally on my own phone's SD card. Oh well.

Feedback Score
    This is awesome. I've heard nothing but good things about the Moto X. I wonder how it compares to my Droid Inc2? I'm also curious with kitkat working on lower devices if anyone will create a rom for my current droid inc2? I'm excited.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast