Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Induced into signing contracts, lawsuit possible?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caanda45 View Post
    Business lines I think are NOT under the CCTS....so that avenue would be closed....
    I guess the definition of a business line is questionable. While all corporate plans are handled by a specific dept within the carriers, those agreements that are with individuals and are paid for by the individual are arguably covered by CCTS. Certainly those which are managed and paid for by a business are not.

Either here or at RFD someone filed and complaint with CCTS and they responded that they would accept the complaint.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    I guess the definition of a business line is questionable. While all corporate plans are handled by a specific dept within the carriers, those agreements that are with individuals and are paid for by the individual are arguably covered by CCTS. Certainly those which are managed and paid for by a business are not.

Either here or at RFD someone filed and complaint with CCTS and they responded that they would accept the complaint.
    A consumer is defined as someone who receives telecommunications services for personal use. A small business is defined as a business customer of a participating service provider whose most recent monthly bill for all telecommunications services provided by that member TSP was $2,500 or less (before taxes). The CCTS will only act on consumer and small business complaints as defined above.
    https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Seems to me that any person that pays their own bill and is liable for the agreement is there for a consumer by that definition and therefore covered by CCTS. Specifically
    A consumer is defined as someone who receives telecommunications services for personal use.
    They don't qualify it by who negotiated the plan or what line of business within the carrier handles it. If it's for personal use then it's a consumer.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    did u make up a new word? shill? what are you? 2 years old?

how hard is it to say "NO" when they ask u if you wanna go on a contract? cant get any easier, no?
    Dude. The comment was linked to a deleted message. I never called the OP a shill, I was calling the guy in the quoted text a shill.

via the HoFo App
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi Everyone, my contract date was supposed to have ended on June 26, 2014. But I've been so busy dealing with work I've not had time to give them a call yet. I will be demanding that I am not charged for the extra 30 dollars a month per line (byod credit) and barring that they are not willing to do so at the OOP level, file complaint into CRTC, and if that doesn't get the issue resolved, talk to my lawyer about formally filing a law suit. Good thing for me, they drop the ball so frequently I now have evidence (recordings, chat history) to back up my claim.

It just seems like they dont really give a damn about what they are doing to your account anymore. Make a mistake, if they don't catch it then we make extra money, if they catch it then we fix it, and maybe we don't need to give them a refund for our mistake because we say so. I had just noticed charges that I did not agree to again on my bill... despite the fact that I confirmed multiple times over the original phone call with the rep adding it that it was only going to be for the month that I called in to make the request, and because they made the mistake over 3 months ago, they are unable to make credits to the account.

Some of you might think this is stupid because a few hundred dollars is not worth a law suit (personally I think it's stupid too), but I'm just too fed up with their crappy training, the lack of will to make up for their mistakes as I have to always call back to confirm everything, and even then it's not guaranteed to be solved.

I'm a really low demanding person if they get everything right, if they charge me a bit more for my plans without it being a mistake I would just pay it and not bat an eye, even if they make mistakes and they are willing to own up to their mistakes I would be ok. But this is just out right fraud, when the statue of limitation for fraud is 10 years, I don't see how they can impose a 3 month limit on their credit back. If they are doing this to me, I'm sure they are doing it to someone else out there.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Sigh, the CRTC has nothing to do with your complaint. Please do not complain to then.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Some people are too polite or too shy to say "No". Those who would prey on others rely on that.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Sigh, the CRTC has nothing to do with your complaint. Please do not complain to then.

via the HoFo App
    Haha, sorry that was suppose to be CCTS... obviously not going to be complaining to CRTC...

Feedback Score
    Rogers is terrible. They are ridiculous thieves and have absolutely no customer service. I remember back in the day when it was only Rogers and Bell (well back back in the day it was only Bell)...but anyway. I had my first and only cell phone contract with Rogers. I had to get my phone fixed (this was a defect in the phone itself and completely covered under warranty). I remember when I asked if I would be given a phone to use while they fixed mine, how they laughed at me and said absolutely no chance. This was back before cell phone companies (at least in Canada) offered anyone this service which is now pretty common. But even then, as a teen, I thought....how ridiculous that they haven't thought to offer this, that I am expected to pay full price and be without a phone for an ENTIRE MONTH! and how unbelievably rude and unhelpful these people were, right from the very beginning. They have never had good customer service and they have more horror stories than seems impossible for a company to have and still be successful.

I had problems with Bell as well. Telus I actually had a very good three year experience with. Telus actually has excellent customer service. Still though, high contract prices.

Sometimes you can't win. I would say you don't have grounds for a lawsuit when the recording is already gone. But sharing your horror story far and wide (along with many other dissatisfied and disgruntled people) is still helpful, because it makes people think twice before using them. If they get enough bad press and enough people just don't want to deal with them anymore, then they will have to change their tactics. Or is that just wishful thinking?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iGeneration* View Post
    They are ridiculous thieves and have absolutely no customer service.
    Hmm better call the police if you have proof they are thieves or you are just making false claims. And when I call 611 someone answers so there must be customer service. Wow first line of your post and I found two things wrong with it. That must make you a terrible person. I didn't read any further down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    That must make you a terrible person.
    How exactly does that make me a terrible person? Is there a forum rule against people using hyperbole and expressing an opinion, or do you just judge people that quickly on your own? Saying I am a "horrible" person after only reading two sentences of text is quite a leap. I could assume that you are trying to place the same judgement on me that I expressed towards Rogers. But the difference would be that you read two sentences, I served a two year sentence with Rogers. Terrible customer service is for all intents and purposes the same as having no customer service at all, because customers aren't being served. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you work for, own a franchise, or have some strange connection to Rogers and have nothing but good things to say about it, then by all means voice those opinions. But saying I am a horrible person doesn't make Rogers any better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2