Thread: Transferring service to an android phone

Feedback Score

Transferring service to an android phone

Tell me if I have this correct. I've gone from an old tracfone to a LG800g (w/600 minutes & 1 year) to a LG840g (1500 minutes & 1 year). I now have 2711 minutes and a service end date of 3/24/16. So if I buy the shopcelldeals.com ZTE Valet for $66 (- $10 restaurant card) will this transfer as 2711 minutes voice AND 2711 texts AND 2711 mb of data? Also, do you think the tracfone android prices will drop or is this as low as it will probably be. I'll be working for about a month in an area that has better ATT signal than Verizon so I'll probably keep using the LG840g until mid Dec. But in Jan I'll be working a job where there is nothing but Verizon signal so I'll need to change phones by then. Of course I could just buy a LG505c on ebay for $10 shipped but since I'll be going back to that plant next Fall I'd rather have a keeper.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rminor View Post
    Tell me if I have this correct. I've gone from an old tracfone to a LG800g (w/600 minutes & 1 year) to a LG840g (1500 minutes & 1 year). I now have 2711 minutes and a service end date of 3/24/16. So if I buy the shopcelldeals.com ZTE Valet for $66 (- $10 restaurant card) will this transfer as 2711 minutes voice AND 2711 texts AND 2711 mb of data? Also, do you think the tracfone android prices will drop or is this as low as it will probably be. I'll be working for about a month in an area that has better ATT signal than Verizon so I'll probably keep using the LG840g until mid Dec. But in Jan I'll be working a job where there is nothing but Verizon signal so I'll need to change phones by then. Of course I could just buy a LG505c on ebay for $10 shipped but since I'll be going back to that plant next Fall I'd rather have a keeper.
    That is the way that it is supposed to work, but you probably need to call the better CS since you have so many minutes and I don't think the website can handle that many. Also, since some of the minutes were transferred from a prior phone, there's always the possibility that CS will give you an argument about how many minutes you have that are eligible for transfer. But it should work the way you have described.

As for Tracfone prices, they always drop but it may take a while. I often kick myself for missing a deal and then it rolls around again months later.

Feedback Score
    yeah, when i transferred the 1300 minutes & 14 months time to the LG840g I was entering the codes on the web site and it suddenly stopped and told me to call. At least when I called the number someone with good English answered. She had me enter several more codes and when I rebooted it the minutes & time were on it. This reminds me of several years ago it was better to buy a new phone w/minutes & time card than just the card. They seem to have stopped that but now the other sellers are doing it. but it's strange. shopcelldeals.com has a LG800g w600 minutes & 90 days on sale for $39.99. Right next to it is the same LG800g w/600 minutes & 1 year of service for a non-sale price of $39.99. After the 10% off code this is much cheaper than a 200 minute- 1 year card.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rminor View Post
    yeah, when i transferred the 1300 minutes & 14 months time to the LG840g I was entering the codes on the web site and it suddenly stopped and told me to call. At least when I called the number someone with good English answered. She had me enter several more codes and when I rebooted it the minutes & time were on it. This reminds me of several years ago it was better to buy a new phone w/minutes & time card than just the card. They seem to have stopped that but now the other sellers are doing it. but it's strange. shopcelldeals.com has a LG800g w600 minutes & 90 days on sale for $39.99. Right next to it is the same LG800g w/600 minutes & 1 year of service for a non-sale price of $39.99. After the 10% off code this is much cheaper than a 200 minute- 1 year card.
    The second phone activates with 10 or 20 Minutes and 365 days. Then when you add the 200M/90D airtime pin you get 600 minutes and 90 more days.