Thread: How to Unlock Sprint iPhone 4 out of Contract

Feedback Score

How to Unlock Sprint iPhone 4 out of Contract

I am out of contract with Sprint and want to unlock my phone.

Will Sprint do it for me? Who do I contact to get it done?

Thank you!

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    iphone 4 can't be unlocked because it does not use sim card, you can only use it with sprint. The 4S can be unlocked but only to work with non-US sims, for the 4S to work with US sims you would need a turbo sim.

Feedback Score
    It is a 4s.

Can you please help me with unlocking for US sims with a turbo sim?

I want to switch carriers asap.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Can someone please help me out with this?

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB (foreign SIM unlocked)
    Motorola V360 (Unlocked)
    Carrier
    Sprint, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Honestly I am going through the problem at the moment myself. I am not switching carriers as my Sprint iPhone 4S service is employer provided but I want my iPhone completely unshackled. As it is not a need but a desire, I have not looked into any solution other than a free unlock from Sprint, which they are refusing to do. They are still pushing the concept that an iPhone 4S cannot be unlocked for domestic use and have cited various reasons why that, honestly, do not make any sense especially since third party services can remove the lock. Sprint claims there is something in the firmware that prevents this and that the phone will not work with T-Mobile or AT&T. Well I am currently on vacation in Canada using a Rogers Wireless micro-SIM and the phone works fine. Same band plan as AT&T in the United States. When the phone is in the United States with a foreign SIM it roams on either T-Mobile or AT&T so that is not a problem either. The phone is simply programmed to reject SIM's with an MCC of 310 or 311 (other than Sprint or Nextel SIM's). I have yet to see an honest technical explanation as to why removing the domestic U.S. MCC block from the phone will not work or will somehow screw up the phone. Unless there is some inherent relationship between the domestic CDMA profile and the SIM card slot (which happens to make the Sprint supplied SIM invisible to GSM service in the United States) nothing said so far passes the smell test. It is my understanding that even the Sprint iPhone 5S will not be able to be unlocked YET the Verizon iPhone 5S is unlocked right out of the box. Yes, the Sprint iPhone 5S has a different SKU than the iPhone 5S for the other three carriers but that is because the Sprint version actually supports more LTE bands than the other domestic model. If it is true that the Sprint iPhone 5S has something internal to prevent unlocking, then my advice to anyone and everyone is to avoid it like the plague and buy an iPhone from the other carriers.

For now, I am waiting to see if there is any FCC action on the unlocking front. I did drop a note to Apple via Tim Cook's public mailbox about the matter and will hopefully receive at least an automated response from it at some point.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't waste your time fighting with sprint or apple..

Can someone tell me about how to do the turbo sim unlock and how to unlock internationally as well?

Phones
    i580
    i325
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    This is a good reason to dump Sprint
    "I used to drop acid to make the world seem strange, now I take Prozac to make the world seem normal"[COLOR=DarkRed]