Thread: IPHONE APN PROGRAMMING (Official instructions from ST. Its work for my ATT iphone 4S)

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    iPhone 3G(S) 16gb
    ATT Tilt
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score

IPHONE APN PROGRAMMING (Official instructions from ST. Its work for my ATT iphone 4S)

I was having a hard time finding the right settings to get mms to work on my ATT iphone 4S. I recently got these instructions via email from Straight Talk and it got my mms to work. This will install a new profile on your phone. Before you install the new one I would first delete the old profile and reset my network settings. Also, you may have re-enter the mms apn. I didn't have to but that may not be your experience.

IPHONE APN PROGRAMMING:

If you have an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 or 4S running iOS 4.0 or higher, you may follow the instructions below and we can attempt to update your APN settings. This may not work based on limitations and configuration settings you may have on your iPhone, please contact the manufacturer or point of purchase for further support regarding your phone.

1.While on Wi-Fi, open Safari and type in iapnupdatetfdata.straighttalk.com
    2.Tap "Install," then tap "Install Now."
    3.Enter your pass code if prompted, and tap "Done."
    4.At this point exit your browser, turn off Wi-Fi, and re-boot your phone.
    5.With Wi-Fi off, access Safari to ensure your data connection is working.

Please note this will not enable MMS (Multimedia Messaging). To use MMS, you may need to make further changes to your iPhone in order to update your MMS settings. You may search online for more information.

By accessing iapnupdatetfdata.straighttalk.com from your iPhone, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.

IMPORTANT:
    Updating your APN settings does not guarantee that MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MMS is dependent upon your phone model’s limitations. It may take up to 24 hours for MMS services to be activated.
    If you encounter any difficulty updating your phone, please refer to your phone's user manual and manufacturer for further assistance.
    No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Airtime PIN purchases.

Feedback Score
    Installing this will not make your MMS work, just data. And, this is very old news.

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    iPhone 3G(S) 16gb
    ATT Tilt
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesa53 View Post
    Installing this will not make your MMS work, just data. And, this is very old news.
    It got my mms to work or at the very least the combination of the new profile and apn settings did the trick. My problem was mainly getting the mms apn settings to "save" to the phone once I changed it. Under the old profile, after I made the change, mms would work for awhile then it would default back to the old settings and stop working. It was very frustrating but now it's been a good while and mms still works.

And it was news to me. I searched the forums for it before I posted it and couldn't find this info.