Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon - 3G Only?

Feedback Score
    hey i have also had that very annoying problem obtaining the msl and i tried everything i could for days and days. i finally did get my msl, but the only way that i think is possible is to use adb to run a script to cycle through the numbers ##000000#,##000001#, all the way to ##999999# on the dialpad untill the service menu shows up. its was originally made for the motorola admiral but works across platforms. only thing i did notice with it though, is the script doesnt stop when the service menu comes up. though, the code could be edited to stop for the gs3 im sure but i dont know how to do that. i just checked on it every now and then and kept a note of how far it got so far.. and when i saw the menu, i edited the script to start back where i seen it last and kept a closer eye on it. and another thing its pretty slow. it does 1 number about every second. but it would be handy for a last resort since straight talk will not tell you your msl. they will tell you to contact samsung and samsung will tell you they dont have it. must be rooted and have busybox and adb of course. incase anyone is interested:
    ---(i do not take any credit for this, just passing it along)---

how to use:
    put your phone into airplane mode so that the script cannot be interrupted by a call or text, etc...
    go to settings, display, animations, and set it to 'no animations' to make the script run a bit faster
    go to settings, sounds and turn off audible touch tones to make the script run a bit faster
    unzip the file and copy the msl.bf.sh and busybox files to /data/local/tmp/ on your phone
    open up phone dialer. make sure you do this or the script will make your phone go haywire and you will have to redo the commands.
    on your computer, run cmd, then type adb shell then type following commands and hit enter:
    "cd /data/local/tmp/"
    "su"
    "chmod 777 msl.bf.sh"
    "chmod 777 busybox"
    now make sure that the screen is on and unlocked and the phone dialer app is on the screen
    run the command "./msl.bf.sh"

i cannot post any kind of link yet since this is my first post but to find the source and the script file just google "motorola-admiral/227008" it will say "SPC\MSL UNLOCKING" and its the 7th post down.

it only took me around a day to get mine because i was lucky and my msl started with a 1. as for the 16 digit password i CANNOT FIND IT anywheres!!!! and i desperately need it.. viper if u said u have it then you mind sharing?
    Last edited by chxnugs; 12-24-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I appreciate the info, I even tried this script but the phone reboots and stops it after only maybe 15 tries.

I am not sure if you are using the Verizon S3 version of the ST S3 or if you have the Sprint Version. Check your model number and report back.

Would be nice if script worked but with the ST S3 Verizon Towered Version the phone will auto reboot with wrong inputs of SPC.

AHHH: Yeah I see you are using the Sprint Version s960l, that's why it works, as it will with that version phone.

Viper

Feedback Score
    I too have the s960l. I can get my SPC using the SPCUtility.apk app. It works to unlock the service menu, data menu, and every other one IN the phone but does NOT work in DFS, CDMA workshop or anywhere else to flash it. Why is that? The 16 digit password I have unlocks it in those programs but doesn't help to do anything. It wants the SPC, period.

Feedback Score
    Dang yeah that's got to be it. Restarting after failed tries. For some reason this sprint version doesn't do that with any of the spc menus. Did you try getting a launcher app and creating a hidden menu shortcut to see if maybe you can get the usb settings menu as a shortcut? It will bypass the code. My ohone only let me have one hidden service menu which wasn't what I needed but its worth a try.

And legend8 does dfs or workshop say "cannot send spc" becaus thats the problem im having. But of course I also need the 16 digit number too. If you look on the bottom of dfs, its probably yellow where the eqf is. That means it can't read all of the phone or write. I thought that was a 16 digit password issue since I don't have it but I'm not sure.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I can get into Diag Mode thats no issue. The SPC is needed to write anything to the phone. So without it nt much can be done. This is on the 968c Model. I have 16 digit for it but as I said it needs the SPC also.

Viper

Feedback Score
    Ohh okay.. wouldnt workshop give you your spc after your connected in dm and enter the 16 digit?

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    No..... Some newer devices some have only send only SPC, no way of reading it......

I have exhausted about everything I know on this One, but I may step away from it a few days to see if I can come back to it later and figure it out.

The Straight Talk Sprint Version Phones I usually just ODIN them to Sprint and all is well but that has been awhile back I hardly ever see them.

Viper

Feedback Score
    I know what you mean about exhausting everything.. I was in the same boat but got lucky. But I tried flashing sprint odin. It went through once and never actually worked and every attempt after that it just fails. That's not what I want to do anyways. I was just doing where I can use 16 digit. I'm trying to repair esn. In your case though, there has to be a way. ST hides it well. Maybe a break is what you need like you said lol

Feedback Score
    Yes, DFS is yellow on EQF. I get a BAD SPC VALUE unlock failed error. Yet it works fine to edit the data settings in the phone. I don't get it.

Feedback Score
    That's exactly what I get. Ill let you know if I figure it out

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I guess I need to get ahold of anither Sprint Version of the STalk S3, maybe they did something with a update as I have always just odined it to Sprint and flashed away. I will see if I can find one around here to see whats going on with it now.....

Viper

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    And I will source the Odin for the Straight Talk S3 SCH-968c 4.1.2 for a little while.

This is for the Straight Talk Verizon Version SCH-968C Only do not flash this to your Sprint Version or you will have a brick......

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83xv1uqpzw...w_ship.tar.md5

I worked hard to extract this and make the odin so a thanks or two for ones needing it would be nice....

Maybe someone else can look at it and decompile to see where the darn SPC code is at.....

Viper
    Last edited by Viper32; 12-26-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I can get the 16digit Password for the Sprint Verion but I need the Rom to do so. I have no access to one currently, so if ya guys need help extract it and get it to me. I need the Radio off it also.......

Viper

Feedback Score
    I would help you get the spc from your rom, but I have no clue how to do that lol. if there is a guide or thread showing how then I can help. but if you mean radio as in modem then I actually did upload the MD6 modem.bin from my phone here. forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=25832

I actually did obtain a 16 digit pw thanks to legend, but like he said, it doesn't do anything. it unlocks device but still nothing works. can't send the spc because it gets an error in both dfs and workshop. I really thought it was my answer. and I have never extracted a rom like that so as soon as I get off work at 8pm, ill try and see what I can do. thanks for all of your help man

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Ok good news, I have figured the Verizon Based S3 SCH-968C out and can get 3G all the time on Page Plus now.

Let me get it in a packaged deal so its easy for you guys to do and I will release it then.....

You will need to be rooted to do this which i will also give you a super easy way to do so

I just had to get time to play around with it, not the way I wanted but it works. And for the record I still hate Straight Talk

I will probably start a new thread in the Handset section for this, since this thread has got so cluttered up and mixed in with the other ST Variant thats Sprint Based.......

I hope to have it ready by Wed. at the latest...........

Viper

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast