Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reduce AT&T bill

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Reduce AT&T bill

Hello all

I'm currently unemployed and have savings from which I'm paying my AT&T wireless bill.

I'm currently having 450 nationwide rollover minutes for 39.99 + sms 200 for $5 + ultd data for $30 (Don't want to lose it as it is family's source of entertainment at the moment as new immigrant) + insurance for $6.99

Please suggest how can I reduce my bill without removing any of the above feature, I know I can drop sms plan and use gvoice but wife is non-techie. Is there any way I can get discount through at&t employee here who wants to help? I'm in Onondaga county, NY someone suggested moving billing address to Oregon, it will help reduce bill. Does it really work? Which city should I use so that I'm not hit with city taxes on wireless? Thanks in advance to all.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Changing your billing address may only save a couple $.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Changing your billing address may only save a couple $.
    I'm not sure I agree with you on that. Doesn't NY have the highest rate of taxes and fees, and Oregon the lowest. Might just save the OP ~10-15 bucks a month. Like I said, I'm not sure, but in NY it's always hammertime!

Maryland is good for me, in fact I once compared the same cost of plans for all the carriers and Sprint won. But Sprint didn't cut it for me, oh well.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If carriers followed the law, it would not matter what billing address you use. Taxes are supposed to be based upon the place of primary use. If you do not physically move to your billing address and use your telephone there, your taxes should not change.
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-10...106publ252.pdf
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    CA,

It has been far too long for me to confirm what the fees and taxes are per state. You are correct that NY has one of the highest rate.

Technically a billing zip code and a Primary Place of Use can differ. Taxes and fees are based on the PPU which is usually the same as the billing address. What the OP is asking about is technically fraud by lying to save $$ by giving false information. I have no stake either way and to each his own.

Carrier
    ATT, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Drop the insurance plan. Biggest waste of money. Also ny has highest taxes on cell phones

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CA,

It has been far too long for me to confirm what the fees and taxes are per state. You are correct that NY has one of the highest rate.

Technically a billing zip code and a Primary Place of Use can differ. Taxes and fees are based on the PPU which is usually the same as the billing address. What the OP is asking about is technically fraud by lying to save $$ by giving false information. I have no stake either way and to each his own.
    I agree on that bit of being illegal. I don't wanna take such a risk unnecessarily. Then what can I do? Ok I do plan to drop insurance later in future. What could I do else? How about AT&T Employees referral discount? How much is it? Anyone who can help me getting it?

Sent with the HoFo App

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The easiest thing to do if you need your voice plan is to give up data and messaging. Those features are meaningless if you cannot afford to pay for your basic service. You are paying $50 for features and $40 for voice service, which you have to pay to get any features at all.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    The easiest thing to do if you need your voice plan is to give up data and messaging. Those features are meaningless if you cannot afford to pay for your basic service. You are paying $50 for features and $40 for voice service, which you have to pay to get any features at all.
    The OP clearly wants to keep everything, he just wants for someone to get him a discount. I'm not sure if you wanted to help him, or just doing what you do...often. AKA: Alpha Male

Please suggest how can I reduce my bill without removing any of the above feature, I know I can drop sms plan and use gvoice but wife is non-techie. Is there any way I can get discount through at&t employee here

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    The OP clearly wants to keep everything, he just wants for someone to get him a discount. I'm not sure if you wanted to help him, or just doing what you do...often. AKA: Alpha Male
    When you can't afford a service, you have to give it up. It is better to do it now than later. Food and shelter should be the primary concerns when one is out of work. The Original Poster has the lowest priced plan available to the general public. Why didn't you tell him how you got your "Senior Plan" when you are not a senior? All of the discounts require one to b employed by certain companies or government agencies. Does the Original Poster want someone else to join the unemployment roll by breaking the rules for him? There is very little wiggle room because the old plans no longer exist.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    When you can't afford a service, you have to give it up. It is better to do it now than later. Food and shelter should be the primary concerns when one is out of work. The Original Poster has the lowest priced plan available to the general public. Why didn't you tell him how you got your "Senior Plan" when you are not a senior?
    I got my senior plan quite honestly, thankyou. I was practicing my theory about talking to people, but not at them! The rep saw that I had 3,000 rollovers, and then told me that I use less than 100 minutes a month. I replied that "there is nothing I can do about it, but when you need a phone, you need a phone, and that ATT is the only game in town for me " To my surprise he offered me the 200 for 30, without mentioning that it was a senior plan. I simply provided a reason for him to suggest it. I suggest you read or reread "The Art of WAR", it works well for all armed force leaders, Presidents, and CEOs, because if they don't study it, they will fail because they are at a disadvantage.

Btw, telling someone about food and shelter as a point is arrogant, and insulting.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Children, "play nice in the sandbox" (no user(s) defined). This is the only warning before the thread is closed. We can agree to disagree politely.
    Last edited by veriztd; 11-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A few ppl took me wrong. I'm a new immigrant (this doesn't mean I'm out of work for ages; I'm a finance professional qualified in UK) and off-course it's hard to get the first job in the new country as accounting and law system differs, so that was the meaning behind the words written. I've a few thousand $ savings which I am paying from and I can pay for three months without severe need for replacement. I don't spend my money on drinks or partying due to personal limitations and monetary aspects too and I mentioned only source of entertainment is mobile tv (I get to stream free UK tv stuff and other news etc and I think I do have right to this lol). I am currently not paying my rent or for food as culturally we oblige eachother and help when it's needed and I'm living with my brother, who is a doctor (Now please don't say to have my brother pay my bills, that will be childish). So food or rent is not a problem and that is the only necessity not a phone service. I just got a better deal off a user and thought to keep it for when I move out when get a job.

Yes that is correct that if someone here who works for AT&T can get me a referral or whatever discount thing is called among them. It will be a great help as I heard they get 19/20% off.

Plus I would love to get 200 mins. What could I do, go in store or chat with customer service? What do you ppl suggest?

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I really think prepaid is your best option at this time based on the latest update. Keep in mind that any discounts are based on your employer's agreement with the carrier and no code that can be randomly applied to the account otherwise. I do wish you the best of success.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really think prepaid is your best option at this time based on the latest update. Keep in mind that any discounts are based on your employer's agreement with the carrier and no code that can be randomly applied to the account otherwise. I do wish you the best of success.
    Thank you. Actually I know prepaid is a lot better but it is hard for me to switch from ultd data to limited data or throttled. Have used ultd data in UK too and now have similar line here too but with LTE. in worst scenario will probably switch to either AIO or Straight talk.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast