Thread: Please recommend a Sprint dumb phone with bluetooth

Feedback Score

Please recommend a Sprint dumb phone with bluetooth

Hi my mom has been using a Sanyo RL-4920 Sprint bar phone for many years and it served her well with it's loud ringer and good volume. It is getting old and falling apart but the biggest new issue is it does not have bluetooth to pair with the new Panasonic Link to Cell bluetooth cordless home phone system I just bought for her.

Can someone recommend a good Sprint dumb phone with the following requirements:

1. Bluetooth

2. Loud ringer and volume (she's a little hard of hearing)

3. Large dial pad (her vision is ok but large keys won't hurt)

4. Dumb phone I.e. no Android - she does not web surf or txt, only talk.

5 Bar phone or flip-phone. If opening the flip answers an inoming call that's a plus (one less action for her).

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't think there are many bar phones that fall into the dumb phone category. Even the most rudimentary bar phones are now considered smartphones. Those that are considered "basic" phones are pretty darn terrible. The Samsung Array looks like the best of the basic bar phones. I've always preferred flip phones for basic use though. Consider an older Motorola RAZR flipper from someplace like eBay. That was a solid basic phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I don't think there are many bar phones that fall into the dumb phone category. Even the most rudimentary bar phones are now considered smartphones. Those that are considered "basic" phones are pretty darn terrible. The Samsung Array looks like the best of the basic bar phones. I've always preferred flip phones for basic use though. Consider an older Motorola RAZR flipper from someplace like eBay. That was a solid basic phone.
    While looking for the Motorola flip phone I came across this Kyocera. Figured can't go wrong for $14 shipped..... mint condition. It's not a dumb phone so I hope the data can be disabled so she does not unknowingly use it.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=271331045125
    Sent with the HoFo App