Thread: Tracfone My Account App

Feedback Score

Tracfone My Account App

I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not, but Tracfone has released a Android app for checking your balance and expiration date right from your phone. The app even has a android widget, so you can check both right from your homescreen.

Feedback Score
    I downloaded the app. It doesn't work. I have the ZTE Valet. I downloaded the app and widget. Neither works. Also, I tried to check my balance on the tracfone website, all I can get is an error message "MSID Code Change Required". I called Customer Service and was told it's an error in the website and they're working on it. Humbug!!! I like the new phone, but as usual hate tracfone service.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The only thing that app is good for is reading "Oops! Server Error" on your phone. Not even a clue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcov View Post
    I downloaded the app. It doesn't work. I have the ZTE Valet. I downloaded the app and widget. Neither works. Also, I tried to check my balance on the tracfone website, all I can get is an error message "MSID Code Change Required". I called Customer Service and was told it's an error in the website and they're working on it. Humbug!!! I like the new phone, but as usual hate tracfone service.
    I also have a ZTE Valet and LG L38C and this app works fine on both. However, I haven't tried the app in a week or more so maybe something changed on TF's end.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a ZTE Valet and its always worked on my phone since the day they released it. Here's a screenshot I posted on another thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Works for me. Its been out a while now, actually....It came out about 2 weeks after Tracfone released the Centura.

Phone
    MotoG, MotoAtrix HD, Lumia520, 521, LG F6.
    Carrier
    PagePlus, AirVoice, TracFone, H2O, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Works on my TF ZTE. Not on my samsung fascinate byop phone.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile (Galaxy S5) Tracfone (LG Fuel) & AT&T (HTC Desire 610)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcov View Post
    I downloaded the app. It doesn't work. I have the ZTE Valet. I downloaded the app and widget. Neither works.
    The widget does not work for me either. I can get the app to work...sort of. When I attempt to get the remaining balance, the app will trigger a text message which has that information. However, the app itself does not display the balances for voice, texting, and data.

While it doesn't work perfectly, it is still better than anything US Cellular offered on a contract plan. I had to basically guess what my data usage was with them because USCC's online account information was usually inaccessible due to their constant technical issues. AT&T GoPhone does not offer any kind of app for displaying data usage. You have to log into their pay-as-you-go website to get that information.

I'm impressed by Tracfone's Android offering so far. The phones aren't spectacular, but the sheer economics ($7 per month!) make it a tremendous value for the very casual user. I don't need a bunch of minutes or texts. The fact Tracfone has data-only cards is a nice touch as well.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryST View Post
    The only thing that app is good for is reading "Oops! Server Error" on your phone. Not even a clue.
    I get that on my Galaxy Fascinate. It worked fine on my Galaxy Centura before I returned it though and was very convenient.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Galaxy Note 3, Lumia 635: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE