Thread: Can I use an AT&T LOCKED iphone 3GS on Net10?

Feedback Score

Can I use an AT&T LOCKED iphone 3GS on Net10?

Looking at buying a used 3GS for hubby, but it is locked to AT&T. We want to use it on Net10 AT&T service. Does it matter that it is not unlocked? And will he have any problems with the settings that he'll have to make changes or configure things differently to get the data and everything to work properly on the iphone (inluding imessage, sending pic texts, etc.)? Can you use Facetime on Net10?

Also, if he does need to reconfigure settings, will they help w/ this at Best Buy since they sell Net10 stuff? This is our first jump into smartphones and we're kinda clueless.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Looking at buying a used 3GS for hubby, but it is locked to AT&T. We want to use it on Net10 AT&T service. Does it matter that it is not unlocked? And will he have any problems with the settings that he'll have to make changes or configure things differently to get the data and everything to work properly on the iphone (inluding imessage, sending pic texts, etc.)? Can you use Facetime on Net10?

Also, if he does need to reconfigure settings, will they help w/ this at Best Buy since they sell Net10 stuff? This is our first jump into smartphones and we're kinda clueless.....
    AT&T phones do not need to be unlocked if you get/use the net10 AT&T sim. it will need to be unlocked if you use the net10 tmobile sim.

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Getting picture messaging working on a 3GS with Net10 may be difficult. Net10/Straight Talk pushes those settings to iPhones running the latest iOS 7, which the 3GS cannot run. The iPhone 3GS doesn't have a front facing camera or FaceTime.
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...