Thread: ZTE Valet won't unlock or turn off

Feedback Score

ZTE Valet won't unlock or turn off

I have a ZTE Valet from tracfone and was getting the message "unfortunately google Text-to-Speech stopped". I went to the message board for tracfone and they chatted with me and sent me to the tts settings and now my phone won't turn off without removing the battery. When I do turn it back on, it won't unlock. A yellow box surrounds the screen and it makes a awful sound. The person I was chatting with kept telling me to factory reset it from the settings, but I can't unlock it to get to the settings. I called the phone and it rang and showed the answer screen but the above message covered it and I couldn't answer or unlock.
    Help and thank you.
    Kathy

Carrier
    Verizon PrePaid, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Funny...I also have been getting this same error message when I try to use Google Maps app. Do you remember what setting they told you to change to?

I also just had a problem where I could not turn my ZTE phone ON even though the battery was fully charged. I was finally able to turn on after I kept the battery out of the phone for several minutes before I re-installed and hit the Power button. Suggest you keep the battery out of the phone for a longer period before you retry.

Feedback Score
    I have seen that a lot of the valet users were getting this message, that is why I decided to try and talk to tracfone. She never told me what to do other than go into my TTS setting and see if it was on. But that is when all the problems really happened and the phone locked up.
    I did finally contact a live person on the phone and the only way to get the phone working again was to "hold the power and volume up button" at the same time. From that screen I was able to factory reset. After that the google Text-to-Speech message didn't come up (not yet). I didn't have that much saved on my phone so loosing data wasn't a big deal. I am just happy to have a working phone again.

Carrier
    Verizon PrePaid, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I finally did a complete uninstall, did a Clean Master process to clear memory and files, rebooted, and then re-installed the app. So far, no repeat of the error message when I start Google Maps.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie17 View Post
    was to "hold the power and volume up button" at the same time. From that screen I was able to factory reset.
    For future reference that's commonly referred to as Recovery Mode.