Thread: Samsung / TracFone / Net10 SGH-S390G & Samsung New PC Studio issues.

Feedback Score

Question Samsung / TracFone / Net10 SGH-S390G & Samsung New PC Studio issues.

I have attempted repeatedly to install the Samsung New PC Studio (NPS) application I downloaded from the Samsung support site, for the Samsung / TracFone SGH-S390G I purchased from Net10. That app was: TracFone_S390G_New_PC_Studio_1.5.1.11053_3. After my last install done in Windows safe mode, it randomly will attempt to launch. After the main splash screen comes up an error popup of "NPSMain error, app will be terminated. Send error report to Samsung?" occurs two times then everything terminates. After this error sequence occurs the main app splash screen usually will not attempt to launch. When I try to relaunch I get briefly an update screen (sometimes) it then terminates. However the NPS systray icon does animate consistently when the phone is connected via USB. The phone is never recognized by any of the NPS phone sub apps that will launch from the root folder. I am running Windows XP Professional / SP2 / DirectX 9.0d (noted as requisites). All PC hardware meets requirements. The phone has a 2Gb Micro SD card installed which I can access via USB with phone in Mass Storage mode. Tracfone does not support this phone, although it is branded as TracFone and referred me to Net10 (My carrier), Net10 does not support this issue and referred me to Samsung. So far after two attempts Samsung is of no help, as the support rep. wanted to recommend I contact Straight Talk support (huh?), another hand-off attempt. I've been receiving various errors that change with each reinstall. This software seems very unstable with random errors and should not have been released. I have been to several forums and tried many fixes and still no go. Has anyone ever been able to make this phone work as it should with NPS or did Net10 disable it in firmware? I have a TracFone LG900G (basically the same phone as the Samsung) from Net10 that works fine with with LG PC Suite 3.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    It worked fine on my XP Pro and Win7 Pro machines.
    (No luck using it with Win8 though)

Feedback Score
    Is there any anti-virus blocking the exe files it tries to launch?
    works fine on Windows 7 32-bit with Avast antivirus.
    http://i.imgur.com/eKJaeWL.png

Be sure to remove any drivers from a previous install of the software (look in Control Panel > Device Manager > View Menu - Show hidden devices). Then un-install the software, disconnect Samsung AND USB cable, reboot, make sure Samsung is still not in Device Manager, re-install software, reboot, launch the software, connect Samsung and USB. It should find it. But you may have to adjust settings in phone under Menu -- Settings -- Connectivity -- Select USB Mode -- Ask on Connection.