Thread: Straight Talk to ST BYOP

Feedback Score

Straight Talk to ST BYOP

My mom is on straight talk and I would like to switch her to the CDMA byop option. How would I go about doing the switch, and would she lose her month of service she has paid for? I am looking to get her a better phone that uses Verizon and her galaxy proclaim just isn't cutting it for her. I can get a Verizon droid much cheaper than the phones and prices that straight talk is offering.

Feedback Score
    as long as the phone is 3G or older and not an LTE phone and has a good esn, you should be good to go.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crs1247 View Post
    My mom is on straight talk and I would like to switch her to the CDMA byop option. How would I go about doing the switch, and would she lose her month of service she has paid for? I am looking to get her a better phone that uses Verizon and her galaxy proclaim just isn't cutting it for her. I can get a Verizon droid much cheaper than the phones and prices that straight talk is offering.
    if you port over to the new phone you wont loose any days.need to check to make sure you can use the new phone first.you will also need to purchase an activation code from st.

Feedback Score
    What about using a new Verizon prepaid phone like the Samsung legend? I know they have iPhone 4 as well which is not LTE but I know they won't allow the iPhone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crs1247 View Post
    What about using a new Verizon prepaid phone like the Samsung legend? I know they have iPhone 4 as well which is not LTE but I know they won't allow the iPhone.
    verizon prepaid phones won't work either because the phones esn is in verizon's database and not straight talks.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! So I guess all new Verizon prepaid phones are not gonna work? The only option would be to buy a new Verizon post paid phone then.

Feedback Score
    The reason I thought the prepaid phone would work is because I entered the ESN into the ST BYOP form and it said it was compatible. However I have also read that this form really has no basis until you go ahead and try to activate it.