Thread: Switching Net10-registered iPhone 5 from Verizon network to AT&T

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Switching Net10-registered iPhone 5 from Verizon network to AT&T

Hello all!

I have a Wal-Mart iPhone 5 I registered with Net10 over the phone yesterday. It has no SIM card, so I guess it defaulted to using Verizon's network under the TFW moniker. It makes phone calls fine and data seems to work. Since it's Verizon's network, 3G is the best I can get. I would much rather my Net10 service work off AT&T's network for a variety of reasons, but have no clue what to do to achieve it.

I have a couple Net10 AT&T micro SIM cards on hand that I've trimmed down to nano size. I've never seen them work, but I would be flabbergasted if I managed to ruin both of them -- I think I just don't know how to apply them properly. So, given these SIM cards, my iPhone's network configuration, and my Net10's account configuration, what steps can I take to start working off AT&T's network?

(I posed this question to Net10 support already. First they claimed my iPhone didn't have a SIM card slot. Then they told me in very broken English that I'm screwed, for some reason I couldn't figure out. )

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Not sure if it's even possible. If it's possible, you probably need to unlock the Sim slot. But I think I've read somewhere that they lock that down pretty good, or something.

Can you still return the phone? For the same $550 you could've bought an unlocked 5c from apple.com.

Sent with the HoFo App
    I got KitKat! 11/21/2013

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anphone idroid View Post
    Not sure if it's even possible. If it's possible, you probably need to unlock the Sim slot. But I think I've read somewhere that they lock that down pretty good, or something.

Can you still return the phone? For the same $550 you could've bought an unlocked 5c from apple.com.

Sent with the HoFo App
    If it's Wal-Mart, I can probably return it.

The horrible tragedy of the situation is I actually returned two Apple Store iPhone 5cs because I couldn't get them to acknowledge the two SIMs I cut out. Every time I shoved one in I was told no card was found. I must be missing something, or I must be mutilating micro SIMs repeatedly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spamgiuy View Post
    If it's Wal-Mart, I can probably return it.

The horrible tragedy of the situation is I actually returned two Apple Store iPhone 5cs because I couldn't get them to acknowledge the two SIMs I cut out. Every time I shoved one in I was told no card was found. I must be missing something, or I must be mutilating micro SIMs repeatedly.
    Sounds like you need a Sim cutter, but I don't know how much they cost.

Sent with the HoFo App