Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: The Moto G on PP

Feedback Score

Moto G on Pageplus

Quote Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
    Believe it or not, there are smartphone users for whom 8GB is plenty of storage. PP has never offered decent phones so I wouldn't expect them to start now. I'm sure Verizon's purchase agreement with Motorola prevents them from selling the CDMA version to any MVNO.
    Has anyone tried to connect Moto G to CDMA or DFS yet? Thinking of buying one today and experimenting. I have many Esn that will activate on PP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moto227 View Post
    Sprint network is crappy at best around my area. Also my Sprint S3 gets weak signal on page plus. Not sure if it's the Sprint radio or Verizon's crappy 3G.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Neither. It's a known fact that Verizon's 3g is trash on anything with a 4g antenna. Which is why I oersonally want the Moto G because it only comes with a 3G antenna

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier
    Page Plus TnT 1200
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klally View Post
    Has anyone tried to connect Moto G to CDMA or DFS yet? Thinking of buying one today and experimenting. I have many Esn that will activate on PP.
    I'm in the same boat. Does it work?

Feedback Score
    Apparently you may be able to get a third party to activate the Verizon Moto G (or any other Verizon 3G phone) for PagePlus for free without flashing, and according to someone on Reddit's PagePlus forum, they don't check the ESN with Verizon:

exclusivecellular.com/free-pageplus-activation.html

It also says they give you a $2 credit worth 20 minutes. I don't have any familiarity with this, so I'm interested to know what people think.

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxuser View Post
    Apparently you may be able to get a third party to activate the Verizon Moto G (or any other Verizon 3G phone) for PagePlus for free without flashing, and according to someone on Reddit's PagePlus forum, they don't check the ESN with Verizon:
    Until someone actually does it, it remains speculation and wishful thinking.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    someone needs to bite the bullet and buy it

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have one on hold at Best Buy to pickup. I am going to try to go pick it up if possible this evening.

Weather is bad so not sure yet if I can make it.....

I will let you guys know soon as I get it in hand

(BUT I am almost 100% positive that it will not activate on PPlus being its a Verizon Prepaid Device)

Viper

Feedback Score
    if it is a 3g device you cant untill 6 month,s active with verizon if it is 4g then you can flash it to 3g and use it with pageplus verizon does not flag imei# just esn and meid never had a imei on a 4g verizon device flaged by verizon just esn and meid .

Feedback Score
    also viper dont feel bad we had it bad up here in new england lots of white stuff here cant waite for summer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
    I have one on hold at Best Buy to pickup. I am going to try to go pick it up if possible this evening.

Weather is bad so not sure yet if I can make it.....

I will let you guys know soon as I get it in hand

(BUT I am almost 100% positive that it will not activate on PPlus being its a Verizon Prepaid Device)

Viper
    I thought we all knew th Vzw one wouldn't work. Is anyone up for flashing the Boost version from HSN?

Sent from my DROID X2 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacAztek View Post
    I thought we all knew th Vzw one wouldn't work. Is anyone up for flashing the Boost version from HSN?
    Isn't the reason the Verizon Wireless phone won't work with Page Plus because Verizon hasn't cleared its ESN for use on Page Plus? So if this third-party activation system doesn't ping Verizon with the ESN and just activates with Page Plus, it seems like it would skip over the problem. The Best Buy near me doesn't have the phones in stock yet, but if it doesn't work, I would just return it.

Also, if you're going to flash a Boost phone ($149 unless you use Boost for 45 days to get the $50 rebate), why not just flash the $99 Verizon phone instead?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacAztek View Post
    But it has to be used on Boost in order to get the rebate, right? I sure wouldn't want to do that just for the off-chance that it can later be flashed to work on PPC...
    My PagePlus Phone History---12 Years & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxuser View Post
    Isn't the reason the Verizon Wireless phone won't work with Page Plus because Verizon hasn't cleared its ESN for use on Page Plus? So if this third-party activation system doesn't ping Verizon with the ESN and just activates with Page Plus, it seems like it would skip over the problem. The Best Buy near me doesn't have the phones in stock yet, but if it doesn't work, I would just return it.

Also, if you're going to flash a Boost phone ($149 unless you use Boost for 45 days to get the $50 rebate), why not just flash the $99 Verizon phone instead?
    You don't understand it correctly. If Vzw has banned the Vzw prepaid ESN from being used on Vzw MVNOs, which is standard, there is NO WAY to activate it or "flash" it to work on PPC. ALL activations, no matter who does it, uses the Vzw system/ESN list. No flash would be needed for the Vzw prepaid version IF the ESN isn't banned.

Carrier
    Page Plus TnT 1200
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    You don't understand it correctly. If Vzw has banned the Vzw prepaid ESN from being used on Vzw MVNOs, which is standard, there is NO WAY to activate it or "flash" it to work on PPC. ALL activations, no matter who does it, uses the Vzw system/ESN list. No flash would be needed for the Vzw prepaid version IF the ESN isn't banned.
    What I'm thinking is that because the phone wasn't supposed to be launched until Jan. 9, there is a slim chance that the Moto G's ESNs may not be on the Vzw blacklist yet!!!

I just reserved a phone @ bestbuy to pick up tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cisasteelersfan View Post
    What I'm thinking is that because the phone wasn't supposed to be launched until Jan. 9, there is a slim chance that the Moto G's ESNs may not be on the Vzw blacklist yet!!!

I just reserved a phone @ bestbuy to pick up tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
    Sneaky devil
    Good luck!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast