Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZTE Valet Screen Locking up

Feedback Score

ZTE Valet Screen Locking up

Has anyone found a solution to the ZTE locking up? When I press the power button the buttons at the bottom light up, but the screen won't turn on. Is my phone defective? I am hearing others having this problem too. I had to pull out the battery at least once a day. I tried to long press, but the phone would not shut off.

Feedback Score
    Same thing with mine. I've emailed zte but no response. Seems like it's happening more lately, have to pull the battery and reboot at least once a day now, sometimes several times a day. The phone will ring when I get a call but I can't answer it. Maybe someone can get an answer from zte.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rminor View Post
    Same thing with mine. I've emailed zte but no response. Seems like it's happening more lately, have to pull the battery and reboot at least once a day now, sometimes several times a day. The phone will ring when I get a call but I can't answer it. Maybe someone can get an answer from zte.
    It is ridiculous, it's as if nobody cares. I have seen several people post about the issue, but no one is coming up with solutions or even what to talk about the issue. I submitted 2 support tickets with Tracfone and they are not responding to them even though I have been with his company for several years.

Feedback Score
    This is what I get every time I try to submit a support ticket to ZTE. "Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later". What kind of company is this?

Feedback Score
    This si what I received from ZTE- "Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

Thanks for contacting ZTE.

Please contact the local dealer where you purchased the device to or network operator to consult.

If any more please do call us on our hot line number 1-877-817-1759, we would be glad to help you.

Should there be further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,". I purchased mine from shopcelldeals.com and so far I've not found a way to contact them.

Feedback Score
    I replied to the shipping confirmation email from shopcelldeals.com and received this quick reply. " I am very sorry to hear you experienced an issue. We can offer to replace the phone for you. Just let us know. Thank you." I'm hesitant to try another one but I guess I will before taking the loss and buying a different brand.

Carrier
    Verizon PrePaid, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I have had to pull my battery about once a month since I received the phone in late October. I have noticed the power switch no longer has the "click" when I press it which I had when the phone was new. This does not portend great things for the life span of this phone.

Feedback Score
    Received this email from shopcelldealscom- "We will send out a new Valet with a prepaid return label to send back the first phone. This will ship out to you later today. Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you." Hopefully this one will work better.

Feedback Score
    So I have been trying to spread the word around for some time now and I got these responses. One is about uninstalling an app or updates. And the other one this you tuber told me about. Try the methods suggested in the comments. If your new Valet has the issue then try these things too. I turned off the lock screen and so far (If it don't happen after typing this or later on) it has not happened. If not then I will try the other method which is to power off the phone when charging. Here is the link to the video and the comments.

Can't post the link yet, but just search ZTE Valet on youtube and there should be a video titled Need help ZTE Valet.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile (Galaxy S5) Tracfone (Galaxy Centura) & AT&T (HTC Desire 610)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bummpr View Post
    I have had to pull my battery about once a month since I received the phone in late October. I have noticed the power switch no longer has the "click" when I press it which I had when the phone was new. This does not portend great things for the life span of this phone.
    I've noticed a similar problem with lower-end Android phones on other prepaid carriers. Are you leaving the phone on all the time, or do you cycle it (i.e. power down then boot up) periodically? Some Android phones with low-end hardware like the Valet don't fare well if the power is not cycled at least every week.

So far, my Valet has given me no problems. It is noticeably sluggish compared to the Note 2 and Galaxy Express I have, but it has been quite reliable with texts, call, and what little data I've used so far. I'm hoping to avoid any encounters with Tracfone customer service. I've heard it is spectacularly awful.

Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I have the ZTE Valet for about 2 weeks, but haven't activated it yet. I wanted to play with it first make sure everything was going to work right. So far I haven't had any problems and it's been on the entire time. My cell is my main phone so I'm treating it like I will when I activate it. I never turn it off, I charge it with it on. I rebooted it once, but that was just to see how long it takes to boot up after installing apps and pics.

Feedback Score
    What kind of battery life are you getting? Besides the screen locking problem mine has the battery doesn't last very long. Unplugging it in the morning, if I don't use it all, data & wifi turned off, by 8pm it's alarming on low battery. If I use it much it's dead by afternoon.

Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    My guess would be you have a defective phone. I get descent battery life, only charge it a couple times a week and I use WiFi some of the time. I usually charge mine when it still has about 25% battery life left and it only takes about an hour or so to charge.

Feedback Score
    What kind of battery life are you getting? Besides the screen locking problem mine has the battery doesn't last very long. Unplugging it in the morning, if I don't use it all, data & wifi turned off, by 8pm it's alarming on low battery. If I use it much it's dead by afternoon.
    I had some what the same issue. The problem was that the screen brightness and account sych was eating my battery like there was no tomorrow. Make sure not to have the brightness more then 50% or at least 60%. Then go to settings and check your accounts sych settings. I unchecked most of them and the battery lasted me 2 days with medium use which is good I guess for a smart phone. Also use the battery setting in the setting part to see what is eating up the battery. Don't forget to delete cache a least once a week and you should get good battery. So far so good with the phone locking. It hasn't looked up yet ever since I turned the lock screen off. I am crossing my figures that I fixed that problem. If not then I will do what the guy on youtube told me todo and see if that helps.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile (Galaxy S5) Tracfone (Galaxy Centura) & AT&T (HTC Desire 610)
    Feedback Score
    I get excellent battery life with mine. After a full charge, I can typically get 3-4 days of moderate use from it. Data is off most of the time, but WiFi is on at all times. This is actually the best Android phone I've ever had for battery life.

It's possible you have a defective unit. It's equally possible that you're in an area with a borderline or weak signal. Phones that frequently lose connections expend a great deal of battery power attempting to reconnect all day. I've had this problem with other carriers in the past.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast