Thread: Verison phone to ST

Feedback Score

Verison phone to ST

HiYa. I am looking to unlock a Motorola Razor Maxx from Verizon so I can bring it to ST. I need to know if this will work for me. I had a phone with ST that was Sprint and presently have one with ATT but looking for better coverage since I live out in BFE.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Did you try typing your phone's MEID and your zip code into this site?

http://stbyop.com/straighttalk/

That should give you your first clue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hayburner View Post
    Did you try typing your phone's MEID and your zip code into this site?

http://stbyop.com/straighttalk/

That should give you your first clue.

I am not in possession of the phone. I wanted to know if it will work before I buy it.

Feedback Score
    If you mean will it run on Verizon's towers/network via a ST account, I suspect it won't without flashing, if it can be flashed to Straight Talk at all. Verizon only allows 3G phones on its prepaid and MVNO services. Search eBay for a Razr Maxx listing that provides an MEID in the listing. Use that MEID in the link hayburner provided to see if a Maxx is eligible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    If you mean will it run on Verizon's towers/network via a ST account, I suspect it won't without flashing, if it can be flashed to Straight Talk at all. Verizon only allows 3G phones on its prepaid and MVNO services. Search eBay for a Razr Maxx listing that provides an MEID in the listing. Use that MEID in the link hayburner provided to see if a Maxx is eligible.
    Good thinking on the MEID hunt. I will look for one and see. Will post results if found.

Feedback Score
    I have a Verizon Razr Maxx HD. I put my phones IMEI in and it told me my phone was compatible. But what I don't understand is how it will work if my phone is designed to work on a CDMA network. It does have a sim card slot, but they instruct you to use the pink sim card for T-Mobile phones or the blue sim card for AT&T phones. Obviously mine is neither of those so which card do I use?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadeyjean View Post
    I have a Verizon Razr Maxx HD. I put my phones IMEI in and it told me my phone was compatible. But what I don't understand is how it will work if my phone is designed to work on a CDMA network. It does have a sim card slot, but they instruct you to use the pink sim card for T-Mobile phones or the blue sim card for AT&T phones. Obviously mine is neither of those so which card do I use?
    straight talk want you to use the phone on the sim card part because st doesn't support CDMA LTE. st cdma program
    is for phones that are 3G & older.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadeyjean View Post
    Straight Talk does indeed have a Bring Your Own Device program for a section of the MVNO that buys bandwidth from Verizon, but it usually does not support phones that have their 4G LTE bands enabled. If you want to use ST, I would probably sell your current phone and get one that is proven to work with ST.

Based on this thread (http://androidforums.com/motorola-dr...lock-code.html), it looks like the phone is locked for T-Mobile and ATT, so probably won't work with Straight Talk either. There might be something you could do if you did something like root the device... Maybe here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2022296

Use at your own risk : )

Feedback Score
    HiYa. Well here is what I have to work with. Motorola model XT862 that is flashed to ST. Is a sim card required for this phone to work with Verizon ST? If so where do I get one? I really do not know much about this and do need help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnotu View Post
    HiYa. Well here is what I have to work with. Motorola model XT862 that is flashed to ST. Is a sim card required for this phone to work with Verizon ST? If so where do I get one? I really do not know much about this and do need help.
    go here to activiate your phone on straight talk verizon - http://stbyop.com/straighttalk/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    go here to activiate your phone on straight talk verizon - http://stbyop.com/straighttalk/
    Thanks for the reply. You know when I dial *#06# the MEID is blank. I have the HEX and the DEC number but not the one I need. So I am guessing that I need a sim compatible with Verizon ST. I know I have MEID under the battery but why not when dialed? One other thing is it says my phone is already in the system and try again.