Thread: Verizon Galaxy s3 4g LTE with Straight Talk At&T sim card

Feedback Score

Verizon Galaxy s3 4g LTE with Straight Talk At&T sim card

Hi, I've been trying for days to find an answer to this and hoping someone here can help, I tried calling Straight Talk costumer service and the lady seriously acted like she had no idea what to do and left me without answers. I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 4g LTE phone with a At&t sim card for Straight talk.. Calls work and so does text & mms, even though mms comes in slow at times.. But for data I only get E, it's there but very very slow. Is edge all I can get since it's technically a Verizon phone or is there a way to get faster data?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by razzyo09 View Post
    Hi, I've been trying for days to find an answer to this and hoping someone here can help, I tried calling Straight Talk costumer service and the lady seriously acted like she had no idea what to do and left me without answers. I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 4g LTE phone with a At&t sim card for Straight talk.. Calls work and so does text & mms, even though mms comes in slow at times.. But for data I only get E, it's there but very very slow. Is edge all I can get since it's technically a Verizon phone or is there a way to get faster data?
    the bands are locked on that phone - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2362953 you might try using a GPP sim
    or a Rsim8 to unlock the usa bands.

Feedback Score
    Hi, I am new to the forum, so I do not know how to post my question anyother way.
    I am a full time student and have a lot of reading to do.I prefer large print on my phone. I want to purchase an unlocked Samsung Mega 6.3 and use straight talk services. I am using a LG phone phone on S.T now and it is on the verizon network. I understand that if you have a phone that has a Network Technology WCDMA/GSA/UMTS or a Band wcdma (UMTS) GSM 850/900/1800/1900. I he want to know if this information is correct? I do not want to invest in the Samsung Mega 6.3 and not be able to get service through ST. I can not afford the high cost of Verizon or any of the other cellular services. I have one more year of college to go and this will be an investment in my futrue. This phone will also help me to receive calls, search the web and lighten the load of carrying a laptop. College Professor require that all HCM students bring their laptops, smartphones, ipads to class every class meeting. Please let me know what I should do.