Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Moto G

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Nexus S
    Feedback Score
    0

    Moto G

    Sorry if this has been asked before.

    Which version is the Moto G that Koodo is selling? The global or the USA version?

    Also I assume even you pay full price the phone by default come in a locked state, is that correct?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    350
    Phones
    Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
    Archived: Motorola Milestone, HTC Touch Diamond CDMA, LG 8100, Samsung A540
    Retired: Panasonic Allure TX310, Nokia 5100 Series PAYG
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    It is the US version, and yes, it will be locked if you buy it outright still. You can request to have it unlocked if you have a Koodo postpaid account for $35, or if you don't want to bother with the account, simply buy it and use one of the many online unlock services.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    16GB US GSM MotoG (XT1034)
    Carriers
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bbq_123 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

    Which version is the Moto G that Koodo is selling? The global or the USA version?

    Also I assume even you pay full price the phone by default come in a locked state, is that correct?
    I have one in my hand right as we speak.

    XT1032 (which is the same as the one sold in the UK)

    Compatible with UMTS 850/900/1900/2100

    Hope it helps!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    398
    Phone
    Moto X SkyNET edition
    Carrier
    To be determined
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quite sure it is the global version, not the US version (as it doesn't have band 4 HSPA). They are all sim locked but buying an unlock code is only a few dollars.
    "Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art" with my Moto X

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    350
    Phones
    Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
    Archived: Motorola Milestone, HTC Touch Diamond CDMA, LG 8100, Samsung A540
    Retired: Panasonic Allure TX310, Nokia 5100 Series PAYG
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    My bad on the version, I misread the model number compared to the US version. It is the global version.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    Nexus S
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thank guys!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Black Hole
    Posts
    3,724
    Carriers
    WIND Mobile
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    US Moto had launched the Google experience version that is the same as Canada version in the bands, so don't just say US version now that that have 3 kinds in US.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    No longer on a leash by Fido

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    48
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    US Moto had launched the Google experience version that is the same as Canada version in the bands, so don't just say US version now that that have 3 kinds in US.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    The one sold in Canada and on the Google Play Store use the same bands. The one sold by carriers in the US use different bands. One is a global GSM version (Canada and GPlay Edition) and the other is a US GSM version (with AWS for T-Mobile).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Black Hole
    Posts
    3,724
    Carriers
    WIND Mobile
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaron View Post
    The one sold in Canada and on the Google Play Store use the same bands. The one sold by carriers in the US use different bands. One is a global GSM version (Canada and GPlay Edition) and the other is a US GSM version (with AWS for T-Mobile).
    I could be wrong but I thought there are two, not one sold by US carriers. One is CDMA and one is AWS HSPA. I recall reading the CDMA one on sale in forums. So in total there are three kinds being sold in the US I think.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,503
    Phones
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    Carriers
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaron View Post
    (with AWS for T-Mobile).
    And for Wind/Mobilicity in Canada.
    Instructions for the $55- 5 Gb sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...odo-sk-mb-plan

    Latest phones used:Oneplus One, LG G2, Alcatel OneTouch Idol x, Lg G2 Dropped cracked screen bent motherboard, Nexus 5 sold, Lg G Flex Son's, Nexus 5 wife's , HTC One sold, Nexus 4 LTE sold , LG optimus 4x sold, Samsung Galaxy s4 Daughter's.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    48
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought there are two, not one sold by US carriers. One is CDMA and one is AWS HSPA. I recall reading the CDMA one on sale in forums. So in total there are three kinds being sold in the US I think.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    A CDMA model doesn't exist. This is from the Moto G's webpage: "Neither the Global GSM nor the US GSM models are compatible with CDMA networks."

    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    And for Wind/Mobilicity in Canada.
    I know. I meant that it was made for T-Mobile. I don't think Motorola cares about AWS carriers in Canada.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,503
    Phones
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    Carriers
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaron View Post
    I know. I meant that it was made for T-Mobile. I don't think Motorola cares about AWS carriers in Canada.
    I'll agree they do not care per se, but i think every unit sold adds and they care about selling more units IMHO.
    BTW it was announced that the Moto G is Motorola's best selling phone of all times.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    398
    Phone
    Moto X SkyNET edition
    Carrier
    To be determined
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaron View Post
    I know. I meant that it was made for T-Mobile. I don't think Motorola cares about AWS carriers in Canada.
    Well to be fair I don't think anybody cares about AWS carriers in Canada.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    398
    Phone
    Moto X SkyNET edition
    Carrier
    To be determined
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    I'll agree they do not care per se, but i think every unit sold adds and they care about selling more units IMHO.
    BTW it was announced that the Moto G is Motorola's best selling phone of all times.
    Best selling "smart" phone of all time, it is miles away from their best selling phone.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,503
    Phones
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    OnePlus One, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5 wife's, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS4 Daughter,Lg G Flex son's.
    Carriers
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
    Best selling "smart" phone of all time, it is miles away from their best selling phone.
    That's what i thought, as the good old razr must of sold millions upon millions of units, and i do not think the G has achieved this goal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Which Moto phones have compatible accessories?
    By martianviking in forum Motorola FAQ (Now closed, check the wiki instead)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2002, 02:37 AM
  2. Which Moto phones can sync with PC or PDA?
    By martianviking in forum Motorola FAQ (Now closed, check the wiki instead)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2002, 04:49 PM
  3. Moto 280 Bluetooth adapter....
    By OmegaMan in forum Motorola
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2002, 01:22 AM
  4. Moto t193
    By lorvar in forum Motorola
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2001, 11:31 AM
  5. can anybody tell me the spec. of moto. T193?
    By egghead in forum Motorola
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2001, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks