Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Verizon Smart Rewards

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    It looks like this has now being officially offered nationwide.[/url]
    No it isn't. Have had an active account since 2007 but not available for me.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    No it isn't. Have had an active account since 2007 but not available for me.
    Doesn't matter, it's just a gimmick like rewards points with credit cards, it has little to no value to the vast majority of customers, otherwise they'd never offer it.

via the HoFo App

Phone
    Motorola X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's just a gimmick like rewards points with credit cards, it has little to no value to the vast majority of customers, otherwise they'd never offer it.

via the HoFo App
    Well... I just started out with 21,000 points after signing up. It sounds like they give you 10K right off the bat.

Looking at the local deals, there's some decent coupons. I mean, I could get some value out of those. Lots of 10-20% off coupons for pizza places. Ponderosa is on there for 25% off up to 4 buffet purchases for 1100 points... I mean, that's $10 right there alone. I've got 19 of those coupons. Obviously, the more you spend the more you save, but if you're going to use these things anyways, there's basically some free value here for virtually nothing.

Regarding privacy... I agreed to everything, but it did not override my existing privacy settings. Even after signing up for the rewards program, the Verizon Selects page in my privacy settings says "You are currently not enrolled in Verizon Selects. To participate, sign up below." My opt out choice is still displayed correctly for CPNI, Business and Marketing Reports, and Relevant Mobile Advertising.

So, again... I'm gonna say this is basically free stuff. Some people will find it more useful than others. Verizon is probably just hoping most people don't go and opt out of that stuff on their privacy settings page later.

edit: Discounts for hotel stays look pretty legit too. 5000 points nets me a 17% discount off of my hotel for my upcoming trip in August. That's better than the 15% discount code that I found online - beat the rate by ~$3/night. Too bad there's a cancellation fee if I were to try to rebook that at the lower rate. But still, a 17% discount is pretty good.

Carrier
    Verizon (was Alltel)
    Feedback Score
    I ended up with about 40,000, but I have no idea what I'd spend it on... Almost all of the choices seem pretty worthless. Would much rather they'd match USCC's shared line pricing ($10 each) than give us this. Oh, well...

Phones
    LG Dare (Verizon)
    Samsung T401G (Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman54 View Post
    I signed up for it. It will be interesting to see how they target me with ads. Snail mail and email I can handle but if I start getting text messages I'll opt out of it.

So I started out with 28000 points. Who has me beat?
    Says I have 48,300 points. But then it also says it's not available for me (??). Thought it was nationwide and why would it give me points totals if not? Maybe I need to actually sign up for it.

I'd be more interested if I could use my points to pay my bill... but haven't seen where they will allow for that.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshGlzBrk View Post
    The auctions seem like a joke. The auction time is extended by 10 seconds if there is a bid placed in the last 5-10 seconds. So it can just go on forever... wonder what moron thought this system up?
    They probably copied goofbid similar pattern. Hate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3