Thread: Verizon Smart Rewards

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    When I click on the link, it takes me to a Verizon "Deals" page which lists all their devices and prices. How are you folks finding the "Smart Rewards" page?
    You answered your own question in a previous post.
    For proof, change your location (on My Verizon page) to be one of the supported states. Once that is done then click on the link. What happens?
    When I changed my location to be a non-supported state I got the same Verizon Deals page you get. It's all about location.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The auctions seem like a joke. The auction time is extended by 10 seconds if there is a bid placed in the last 5-10 seconds. So it can just go on forever... wonder what moron thought this system up?

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshGlzBrk View Post
    The auctions seem like a joke. The auction time is extended by 10 seconds if there is a bid placed in the last 5-10 seconds. So it can just go on forever... wonder what moron thought this system up?
    Yeah, none of those "deals" or auctions are anything to get excited about. So far I've just been entering sweepstakes. I want one of those Galaxy Notes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman54 View Post
    Yeah, none of those "deals" or auctions are anything to get excited about. So far I've just been entering sweepstakes. I want one of those Galaxy Notes.
    Probably have a better chance at getting struck by lighting than winning something by Verizon.

Feedback Score
    You answered your own question in a previous post.
    For proof, change your location (on My Verizon page) to be one of the supported states. Once that is done then click on the link. What happens?
    When I changed my location to be a non-supported state I got the same Verizon Deals page you get. It's all about location.
    Well, that's what I figured until I read a couple of posts from people who were able to read about the plan even though they weren't in the participating area (by their own words) so I thought maybe I could at least read the terms of it.
    "Now, more than ever before, the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption"

James Garfield

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    ....... so I thought maybe I could at least read the terms of it.
    You should be able to. Did you change your default location to a supported state and then click on the link?

Feedback Score
    You should be able to. Did you change your default location to a supported state and then click on the link?
    I haven't tried changing my Service Address in My Verizon. When I click on the link provided in the first post, how does Verizon know who I am if I haven't signed into My Verizon? If they already know who I am, why do I have to sign into My Verizon when I go there? No debating, just curious about this.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tried changing my Service Address in My Verizon. When I click on the link provided in the first post, how does Verizon know who I am if I haven't signed into My Verizon? If they already know who I am, why do I have to sign into My Verizon when I go there? No debating, just curious about this.
    No, do not change your service address!

1) Go to My Verizon page but do NOT login
    2) Change your location (not your service address) to a state like Washington or Oregon
    3) Keeping that tab open, click on the link below
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/...t-rewards.html

Your location is stored locally in a cookie. Verizon web site only knows your location (based on cookie), not who you are until you login.

Feedback Score
    No, do not change your service address!

1) Go to My Verizon page but do NOT login
    2) Change your location (not your service address) to a state like Washington or Oregon
    3) Keeping that tab open, click on the link below
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/...t-rewards.html

Your location is stored locally in a cookie. Verizon web site only knows your location (based on cookie), not who you are until you login.
    Thanks, that's where I was screwing up.

Is there someplace to go and find out how long I've been with Verizon? I've been a customer since before they were called GTE Mobilnet.

Feedback Score

Red face Vz rewards

Well I haven't signed up yet, but the pamphlet I recieved said 24000 plus 5000 more if I sign up before 4/1. Like you I was Airtouch then Cellular One, or visa versa before Verizon bought them out and wondered the same. Do we get points for all those years, as in early/mid 90's. I started with a bag phone, pathetic now. Plus I was a regional manager and contracted an entire hospitals, physician staff with cell phones and pager systems. Still have the old contract I signed. Doubt it will do me any good though curious. When I have asked before about discounts they have countinously taken away. I was told every time they purchase a company your length of sevice starts over. Sad but true...so I will keep you posted if I find out anything more in re to rewards. As of now I haven't even visited site yet found this one intriguing!

Carrier
    Current: Verizon. Former: at&t, Sprint, SunCom, PrimeCo, GTE Wireless, Contel Cellular
    Feedback Score
    honestly, is this something that is really going to be a perk, or is it just another gimmick to placate and convince us that they really are trying to retain our business? Why is it not nationwide?

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ctk74 View Post
    honestly, is this something that is really going to be a perk, or is it just another gimmick to placate and convince us that they really are trying to retain our business? Why is it not nationwide?

I think it is a joke... for one seems you only get a discount on what you want, can't win / buy the full gift card or whatever ...

Also, they claim you get 1,000 pts / yr. they only offer me 5,000 and I have been with vzw for 8+ years so do the math...

Wonder what else they are up to in this...
    "Got Root?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ctk74 View Post
    It's just another silly gimmick, like credit card reward points or car dealer "prizes" that you win in those ridiculous flyers.

Feedback Score
    This is no gimmick, it is useful perks if you ask me. And you automatically get points just from having phones with them and paying your bills...

Only some(few) of the auctions use the 10 second extension after a bid, most just end at that second.

Yes, you have to be there bidding for the last few seconds, and you better click like mad to hopefully win. After failing 5 times in a row to win by manually clicking I came up with something that pretty much keeps me always the winning bid besides a few microseconds in between

I just signed up and have 30k points... I reckon I will be able to get around $200-300 in Verizon cards in the next couple days to use at Verizon from these points. Pretty useful since my iPhone 5s was just stolen and looks like I won't be getting it back, calling pawn shops is about my only option as I've been trying to go at the only address it was located since stolen(in the ghetto and never an answer), and called the police, been 2 weeks now. They knew what they were doing cause they immediately turned it off when I briefly misplaced it and only turned it on once for several minutes where I'm guessing they erased everything or whatever thieves do with them (hasn't been turned back on in 2 weeks now, so pretty much giving up on tracking it again so I can use the line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2