Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is your incoming MMS (picture messages) broken? Read this thread!

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (
    Feedback Score
    isn't tfdata for AT&T sim? and wap.tracfone for TMobile sims?
    Click below for $25 Cricket Credit Referral
    mycricket.sparkrefer.com/4XcMBr9

Click below for $25 Cricket Credit Referral
    mycricket.sparkrefer.com/4Mhb8SD

Click Below for $25 Cricket Credit Referral
    https://mycricket.sparkrefer.com/4S9yQen

Feedback Score
    I am using an Att LG G2 and the apn type section is grayed out

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I can't believe they are still having this issue. That's one of the main reasons I left ST a year or two ago. My MMS would never download for a week or more at a time. It happened often. I can't believe they haven't gotten this kink fixed..

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    neXus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk ATT
    Feedback Score
    The only solution I found was with textra messaging app, under textra mms settings>Manually Configure APN>input the older mvno MMS APN.

Mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    Port: 80

I'm using att note 3 with att LTE gray sim. Works perfect with this setup for some reason.
    neXus 4 | DBrand White Carbon Fiber Skin | Ringke Fusion Case | iSmooth Screen Protector | Straight Talk AT&T Sim
    Titanium Galaxy SIII T999 | Body Glove ShockSuit Case | iSmooth Screen Protector | Straight Talk AT&T Sim

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

I recently updated my LG Optimus G pro E980 to Android 4.4. MMS worked fine before this. After updating I cannot send/receive MMS. I found out that apparently I am no longer to edit the APN type after updating (default, mms, supl, ect). Apparently rooting the phone and making some changes is the only way for me to fix this. Are there any other options? Would a new SIM work?

Feedback Score

NO data - same as no MMS?

i just ported number from old "dumb" STalk phone to iphone 4s ATT ( with unlimited plan) and followed all directions , even did the Tmobil sim swap trick then realized every time u stic Stalk sim back in it changes APN from att.mnvo to tfdata but not MMSC or MMS proxy so thats why the Tmobil trick is not neccessary now i guess. But my question: I'm 99% sure my APN settings as shuold be but still have no data. SHould i be having data but not MMS yet or is accessing web pages not part of the mentioned problem.
    Another qiestion: Since phone works for calls and receiving txts does that mean that there is nothing physically wrong with it to receive data and or MMS? ( wi fi is in working condition too)
    ( it's only been 2-3 days since i did the "porting" , on a side note : my buddy did exactly same thing and his works 100% only difference is ios , his is 7.1.1 mine 7.1.2)
    thnx for yr reply

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mojevajco View Post
    i just ported number from old "dumb" STalk phone to iphone 4s ATT ( with unlimited plan) and followed all directions , even did the Tmobil sim swap trick then realized every time u stic Stalk sim back in it changes APN from att.mnvo to tfdata but not MMSC or MMS proxy so thats why the Tmobil trick is not neccessary now i guess. But my question: I'm 99% sure my APN settings as shuold be but still have no data. SHould i be having data but not MMS yet or is accessing web pages not part of the mentioned problem.
    Another qiestion: Since phone works for calls and receiving txts does that mean that there is nothing physically wrong with it to receive data and or MMS? ( wi fi is in working condition too)
    ( it's only been 2-3 days since i did the "porting" , on a side note : my buddy did exactly same thing and his works 100% only difference is ios , his is 7.1.1 mine 7.1.2)
    thnx for yr reply
    Did you check your APN settings to see if they match the correct settings posted in this forum? After you check your settings, did you reboot your phone? If still not working, a call to CS might help. Sometimes they can send something ota that helps.

Feedback Score
    i just posted to some other thread about it, after 6 Live chats the rep did something and was finally working , so i aked her what she did and she said . oh i just reset your browser on our system - dont knw what that means but all along there was something they didnt do right as it is 90% of the time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mojevajco View Post
    i just posted to some other thread about it, after 6 Live chats the rep did something and was finally working , so i aked her what she did and she said . oh i just reset your browser on our system - dont knw what that means but all along there was something they didnt do right as it is 90% of the time
    Huh. Well I'm glad they finally helped. I don't understand why these things are so hard for them, don't they get any training at all, lol? Glad it's finally working.

Feedback Score
    So i am back at it again. Got my iphone 4s att to work MMS and all that jazz but 3 weeks into the new plan i am loosing abilty to send iMessages without wifi.aftr forum research I see that it´s a commom problm
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3780
    And even redeting date/time back to automatic or plane mode off then on it works for a while and then not again. With wifi works 100% all the time any1 hving same issues? Is it the network issue?

via the HoFo App on iPhone 4s att

Feedback Score
    After trying about every set of apn settings listed, I was 5 minutes away from ordering a new SIM. Then I thought about combining parts of the listed apn and got it to work on my samsung galaxy S5. So far this is the only combination that gave me internet access, and the ability to both send and receive MMS messages to other ST users as well as other networks.

Settings below:
    APN: att. mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone. com
    Port: Not Set
    MMSC: ht tp : // mms-tf. net
    MMS Proxy: mms3. tracfone. com
    MMS port: 80
    APN Type: default,supl,mms

Worked like a charm -- and will hopefully save other people hours of internet searching and frustration!!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Google Voice now supports MMS! Live now ???

https://plus.google.com/+AlexWiesen/posts/8eGA2JDpBFM

Carrier(s)
    straight talk
    Feedback Score

same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Fignuts1 View Post
    Backstory:

I had been a T-Mobile user for almost 8 years, when I decided that I'd had enough subpar signal and overpriced plans compared to Straight Talk. In my area, AT&T is the better service, so I opted to buy a used AT&T Galaxy S3 phone to activate on Straight Talk. I brought my tmobile number with me. I did the BYOP plan and activated the phone with a ST sim card. I have tried almost every setting I can find, and have yet to come up with a way to get my mms to work. Yes, It does send mms, but it won't download.

I activated on Jan 28th, and have yet to see it work. Before I go spending money on another sim card, is it because I brought my number with me? If I activate a new sim, will be able to guarantee that I keep my number? Am I using all the right settings? Any help I get would be greatly appreciated!!
    Make sure you got the AT&T sim from Straight talk. when we first switched over, it did the same thing, then we realized got the wrong Sim card.

Feedback Score
    It's 2/16/15, does the setting for mms for iPhone still apply?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 Totally Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm a bit late to this thread, and may be way off base, but.... I've been on Straight Talk's BYOP plan through two phones and almost 3 years, with a ST AT&T SIM card. Currently using an AT&T branded Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727, Android 4.3,1, under Cyanogenmod 10.2.0-Skyrocket. All has been working flawlessly EXCEPT--to receive MMS messages with pictures and video, I MUST have Data turned on. I typically run with Data, Bluetooth, and Wifi turned off, to save battery power. Only turn on those modes when I need the features. Standard SMS messages come through like a champ. MMS text comes through also, but to see the graphic content, I must turn on 3G/Mobile Data. Easy enough, as there is an icon in the Notification area dropdown menu. I have used the same old original APN setup through these iterations with no problem. Interestingly, I moved my SIM card from my first Android phone, an AT&T-branded Samsung Captivate with Cyanogenmod 9 to my current Skyrocket--not a glitch. Then, I tried out a Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 and moved the SIM card to it, along with the original APN settings. That phone worked on ST, too. But, it was too large, and because it still had all the AT&T garbage on it (NOT Cyanogenmod), it automatically updated to Lollipop (5.0.1). THAT was pure garbage, so I sent the phone back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast