Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is your incoming MMS (picture messages) broken? Read this thread!

Feedback Score
    I have an iphone 4, iphone 5s, s3, s4, they are all AT&T the s3-4 are both rooted running stock KitKat 4.4.2. Iphones are both jailbroke. The only one that gave me an issue was the s3 for that I used the ST app in mobile settings I added the ST apn and at the last setting of default type I would go back after setting st and tap att and menu and select DISCARD, and then return to st apn and make sure everything was still correct and while in the st apn reboot the phone and I was able to send & receive. This is the gray 4g sim. Ive never had a problem with iphone's they do report TFW in statis bar but the s3-4 say AT&T they are all factory unlocked. I'm able to swap sim fro galaxy's to iphone with no issue.
    On my S3-4 I'm running CM12.1, 5.1.1 lollipop, when I go to APN it has about 5-6 preset apn's for different carrier's and they have a couple different apn for straight talk old & new I use the the tfdata for s3 and s4 I use the older one. They work flawless. The CM12.1 makes the S3 work so fast and its been very stable, I havent had any issue's.

Feedback Score

Just an update - still problems with some users

There are still bumpy spots out there. July 2015, and MMS from Straight Talk can still be hit-and miss.

I'm a former AT&T customer who ported to StraightTalk using a ST AT&T-network BYOP SIM inserted into the same AT&T phone (a phone in which MMS had worked on the AT&T network for *years*). Since activating with StraightTalk, I have always been able to send, but have never been able to receive, MMS messages.

I have had several sessions with Straight Talk support, some lasting more than an hour. ("Try this, reboot. Now try this, reboot. Try this other thing, reboot. I need to talk to our rep at AT&T.")

I'm now on my 2nd SIM. (My 1st SIM showed the network as "Home", and my current SIM - which ST sent to me after exhausting all possibilities - shows the network as "AT&T"?) I've tried both of these SIMS in 2 different makes/models of Android phones, both of which did MMS on AT&T just fine. No joy - sends fine, no receive.

I'm in my 4th (or is it 5th?) billing period now, and still no MMS, so waiting for the billing period to renew has not worked for me (I've had a new billing period start on both the 1st and 2nd SIM now).

Still get a Download button and a "Text message Not Received - Select message and try again" error whenever I receive a MMS.

At least everything else works...

Feedback Score
    What Andriod phone do you have and did you have it Carrier unlicked ? Also is the phone Rooted, I'm using a S3 AT&T carrier unlicked, and it is rooted, I'm running CM12.1 which give most the popular APN'S for at&t APN - StraightTalk ATT, apn-tfdata, port-80, MMSC-http://mms-tf.net, MMS PROXY-mms3.tracfone.com,MMS PORT- 80, MCC-310,MNC-410, APN TYPE - default,surpl,mms,APN PROTOCOL-IPv4, APN PROTOCOL ROAMING- IPv4, that's all that's filled in, the regular ST APN is the same settings except for the name , Straight_Talk I've used both of these and both work to send and recieve . If you're still locked to at&t you might fill the request form out on there web site to unlock the phone. Also you can try there app at the play store its a bit tricky the first time I used it but as you pull down the notify screen you tap the first one, there will be 2 and you just press setting and it will paste in the section. You'll have to play with it drive me up the wall first few times till I got the hang of it. Manualy so to settings mobile and tap plus sign and add the settings and then go back to AT&T stock APN and tao menu and delete it. Try the app see if you can make it work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bittmann View Post
    There are still bumpy spots out there. July 2015, and MMS from Straight Talk can still be hit-and miss.

I'm a former AT&T customer who ported to StraightTalk using a ST AT&T-network BYOP SIM inserted into the same AT&T phone (a phone in which MMS had worked on the AT&T network for *years*). Since activating with StraightTalk, I have always been able to send, but have never been able to receive, MMS messages.

I have had several sessions with Straight Talk support, some lasting more than an hour. ("Try this, reboot. Now try this, reboot. Try this other thing, reboot. I need to talk to our rep at AT&T.")

I'm now on my 2nd SIM. (My 1st SIM showed the network as "Home", and my current SIM - which ST sent to me after exhausting all possibilities - shows the network as "AT&T"?) I've tried both of these SIMS in 2 different makes/models of Android phones, both of which did MMS on AT&T just fine. No joy - sends fine, no receive.

I'm in my 4th (or is it 5th?) billing period now, and still no MMS, so waiting for the billing period to renew has not worked for me (I've had a new billing period start on both the 1st and 2nd SIM now).

Still get a Download button and a "Text message Not Received - Select message and try again" error whenever I receive a MMS.

At least everything else works...

Ok I solved my mms issue by doing this. I just ported back to straight talk boyd, but mms has always been I can't send but can receive. So what I did(I'm using a ZenFone 2) was it always default with AT&T apn settings. So I edited it and add straight talk apn in it. BUT I left the apn type as what was their for the AT&T apn type. (See pic below)

BOOM full working MMS and data!!!!

So basically if you can edit and put straight talk apn settings in the default apn. (The first one that shows up in the apn menu) BUT whatever the apn type is LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Why does ordering a new SIM card do anything?

Just curious.

Device(s)
    Samsung Glyde U940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by badjack View Post
    Ok I solved my mms issue by doing this. I just ported back to straight talk boyd, but mms has always been I can't send but can receive. So what I did(I'm using a ZenFone 2) was it always default with AT&T apn settings. So I edited it and add straight talk apn in it. BUT I left the apn type as what was their for the AT&T apn type. (See pic below)

BOOM full working MMS and data!!!!

So basically if you can edit and put straight talk apn settings in the default apn. (The first one that shows up in the apn menu) BUT whatever the apn type is LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!
    About to try this...desperate here..

Device(s)
    Samsung Glyde U940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1208 View Post
    About to try this...desperate here..
    No luck.... sux...

Feedback Score
    There has been an increase in MMS issues across the board with AT&T network providers in the last few weeks. This is quite possibly not Straight Talk problem.
    Possible fixes are using the user created MMS server in the APN, listed in another thread pointing to a reddit post.
    Switching to over the top messaging apps like Google hang out / messenger, text now or ring to. There is also a specialized group messaging service called Group me that apparently works without any app even on dumbphones.
    For finally, switching to an entirely different network, seems that Verizon is having the least issues these days.
    Obviously such drastic measures would only be appropriate for people for whom MMS really is very important

Feedback Score
    I spent 2 hrs with ST customer service online chat to get our phones working again. Here are the APN settings they had me use to get it fixed on 2 Samsung S4's.
    APN: wap.tracfone
    Proxy: 216.155.165.40
    Port: 8080
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    Server: (blank)
    MMSC: http : // mms.tracfone.com (remove the extra spaces)
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.40
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication Type: (blank)
    APN Type: (blank)

Feedback Score
    Recently my phone got upgraded to marshmallow on my one plus one and internet only worked when I was in a WiFi area. After putting a lot of custom ROMs on phones I figured it must be the APN got changed again. Sure enough when I checked. I went back to my original GSM APN's that I've used on many different phones that have worked great over the years:
    Name: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Port:80
    MMSC:http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy:mmms2.tracfone.com
    MMS Port:80
    Rest of the lines leave blank.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Lumia 950 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Been dealing with this since 12/5 can't get MMS working properly with my T-Mobile sim from them. I spent an hour and half on chat last night (so I could at least understand them) and got 2 sets of information and a new sim card heading to me.

Current info for MMS apn with a Lumia 950 XL:

Fist attempt:
    Jon : Alright. On APN, enter wap.tracfone
    You : yes
    Jon : Username, Password, and WAP gateway URL must be blank.
    You : yes, they are
    Jon : MMSC URL must be http: // TF.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc (had to add spaces)
    You : yes, it is set to that
    Jon : WAP gateway port must be 80.
    Jon : Those three information are the only things that you need to set up.
    (Didn't work)

Second attempt after a factory reset of my BRAND NEW PHONE.
    Jon : This is the information that you need set up for the MMS APN.
    Jon : APN: wap.tracfone
    WAP gateway URL: 216.155.165.40
    WAP gateway port: 8080
    MMSC URL: http: // TF.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc (had to add spaces)
    MMSC port: 8080

In case this is helpful information to anyone. No combination I have found online has worked so far, we will see with the new SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_T View Post
    Been dealing with this since 12/5 can't get MMS working properly with my T-Mobile sim from them. I spent an hour and half on chat last night (so I could at least understand them) and got 2 sets of information and a new sim card heading to me.

Current info for MMS apn with a Lumia 950 XL:

Fist attempt:
    Jon : Alright. On APN, enter wap.tracfone
    You : yes
    Jon : Username, Password, and WAP gateway URL must be blank.
    You : yes, they are
    Jon : MMSC URL must be http: // TF.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc (had to add spaces)
    You : yes, it is set to that
    Jon : WAP gateway port must be 80.
    Jon : Those three information are the only things that you need to set up.
    (Didn't work)

Second attempt after a factory reset of my BRAND NEW PHONE.
    Jon : This is the information that you need set up for the MMS APN.
    Jon : APN: wap.tracfone
    WAP gateway URL: 216.155.165.40
    WAP gateway port: 8080
    MMSC URL: http: // TF.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc (had to add spaces)
    MMSC port: 8080

In case this is helpful information to anyone. No combination I have found online has worked so far, we will see with the new SIM.
    You try these ?? - http://apn-settings.com/us/straight-talk-apn-settings/

Device(s)
    Lumia 950 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    You try these ?? - [Link Removed]
    About 20 times, literally, anything on the internet I have tried and various made up mixtures of settings.

Feedback Score
    Had to contact customer service again. Here are my new settings:
    Name: Net10
    Proxy: 216.155.165.40
    Port: 8080
    User name, Password, Server: Not Set
    MMSC: http//mms.tracfone.com
    MMS proxy: 216.155.165.40
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
    Everything else not set.

Device(s)
    Lumia 950 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Finally, confirmed working on Lumia 950 XL send and receive MMS with attachments (with a new sim card)

Name: Straight Talk
    User name:
    Password:
    Type of sign-in info: None
    IP Type: IPv4v6
    Proxy Server:
    Proxy Port:
    MMSC: http: // TF.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc (had to add spaces)
    MMSC Port: 80

Oh and if you are on the phone for 20 minutes or more hang up and call back. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone and got no where, guy hung up on me when I left for the bathroom. I called back and 15 minutes later I was calling out on my new sim card.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast