Thread: Using a Verizon S3 or S4 on Straight talk ATT sim

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Using a Verizon S3 or S4 on Straight talk ATT sim

Trying to help my brother find a Samsung S3 or S4 that also support GSM sim cards. he wants to be able to use it on the ATT lte service until ST or PP allows lte use. Is there a certain model that is CDMA/GSM? Any help would be appreciated!

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have any answers?

Feedback Score
    verizon isn't gonna let LTE on prepaid any time soon. be best just to get AT&T S3/S4 and be done with it.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    He was thinking along the lines of a unlocked verizon S3 or S4 that might also take a gsm sim card. Does any such animal exist?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpitts18 View Post
    He was thinking along the lines of a unlocked verizon S3 or S4 that might also take a gsm sim card. Does any such animal exist?
    read here - http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ight-talk.html read post #5

Feedback Score
    S3 and S4 (and others) are dual network, which means it can be used on Straight Talk, ATT Tmobile... however... you need to be careful because even if they accept a GSM sim card, some models won't let you create a new APN which is needed in order to make internet and mms messaging to work!! I don't know why but some phone just won't let you. I have had 2 samsung galaxy s3 Verizon in my hand, one lets me create a new APN and the other don't. So it can only used for text and calls, same thing with the S4, I had 2 in my hands and one didn't let me create APN

Wish someone could tell me why some phones won't let you create an APN

Carrier
    GoPhone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpitts18 View Post
    I had a Verizon Galaxy S4 that I used with Straight Talk AT&T compatible sim card. The ability to change the APN's were unlocked once I inserted the Straight Talk SIM card. It worked halfway decent, coverage in my home city isn't the worlds greatest so the phone kinda struggled. I ended up getting a AT&T Windows phone for 120.00 (htc 8x) to see if that would help and it did.

The only thing I could not get on the Verizon Galaxy S4 was AT&T 4G LTE service (Verizon Galaxy S4 did not support the necessary frequencies).