Thread: Does Huawei Vitria(MetroPCS LTE 1700) works on t-mobile LTE network?

Feedback Score

Does Huawei Vitria(MetroPCS LTE 1700) works on t-mobile LTE network?

Hi, guys. May I ask if the Huawei Vitria(from MetroPCS, sim unlocked) will work on t-mobile LTE network. This phone only list 1700 as its LTE frequency, but no 2100.

Thanks a lot!

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It has to be used on metroPCS since it uses CDMA for voice and text. For LTE, it'll use metroPCS LTE - and T-Mobile LTE where T-Mobile has allowed metroPCS customers to connect or where it has combined LTE networks.

metroPCS and T-Mobile 1700MHz LTE are the same band 4. It's also known as AWS. It uses 1700MHz for upload and 2100MHz for download. AT&T and Verizon also use that band.
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Carrier
    All major providers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ccaapton View Post
    Hi, guys. May I ask if the Huawei Vitria(from MetroPCS, sim unlocked) will work on t-mobile LTE network. This phone only list 1700 as its LTE frequency, but no 2100.

Thanks a lot!
    Sorry for Volaris giving you bad information. The MetroPCS vitra is a WCDMA/LTE device. It will work just fine everywhere on t-mobile (including LTE) assuming you do not have any sim restrictions.

Volaris: MetroPCS stopped selling CDMA devices a long time ago.

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmplus View Post
    Sorry for Volaris giving you bad information. The MetroPCS vitra is a WCDMA/LTE device. It will work just fine everywhere on t-mobile (including LTE) assuming you do not have any sim restrictions.

Volaris: MetroPCS stopped selling CDMA devices a long time ago.
    My apologies - thanks for the correction! I had confused the phone for the Huawei Activa, a CDMA/LTE device. Hadn't realized they had released new metroPCS-only Huaweis.

Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Phones
    RIM BlackBerry Q10
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score

Thanks a lot!
    Even though you were referring to a GSM/LTE device it seems that CDMA/LTE devices will accept a T-Mobile SIM card and only connect to LTE.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thanks a lot!
    Yes, it has AWS for LTE. WiFi calling even works out of the box, though the icons are a different color compared to T-Mobile phones. I was considering the Vitria but the LG F6 was only $99 so I went with that instead.

Sent from my LG G2
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); LG Mach: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    Yes, it has AWS for LTE. WiFi calling even works out of the box, though the icons are a different color compared to T-Mobile phones. I was considering the Vitria but the LG F6 was only $99 so I went with that instead.

Sent from my LG G2
    Thanks a lot guys! Now the Huawei Vitria drops to $50 at frys now. Looks to be a very good deal!

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did you snag one? $80 was already tempting. I'm having a hard time saying no to $50!

Sent from my LG G2

Feedback Score
    I got one at $70 just before the price drop. Called their CS and they promised a price difference refund

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    any cheap unlocks?

Feedback Score
    correct me if i am wrong, but once unlocked, it should work with international sims as well? I will be traveling to Brazil in May and would like to have an unlocked phone that i can use with a local pay as you go service.

Phone
    iphone 3ggs
    Carrier
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the same boat. My alcatel one touch evolve is great and I love it but 3g only and a tad slow. So I was considering this if its easy to unlock.

But hold the phone frys is even cheaper now. 20 bucks. Look at this. But hurry up only good until the 9th of april.

http://www.frys.com/product/7885619?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Rebates hardly seem to work but its so tempting I might just try.

1. Is this a good model.

2. Is it easy to unlock. Like if you put in too many bad codes it locks up.

I'm on tmobile walmart 30 dollar plan unlimited texts and data and 100 voice.

3. Any other things to consider before I buy.

4. Why are metro phones always cheaper. The LG OPTIMUS F3 is 30 bucks also at frys 79 normally and 150 at bestbuy samething for tmobile. Why is the tmobile version 150 and metro 79.