Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Roam Mobility Experience: Your call is very important to us

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I had a good experience with Roam in Washington, DC. The service was good and the speeds were acceptable. Being able to schedule when the service started and stringing different plans together for different days is a nice touch.

My only complaint, discussed in another thread, is the iMessage activation problem.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When we went to Vegas in Jan. We used 2 Roam Sims. And they worked flawlessly, Obviously we had to setup the APN for Data but we had no issues at all and it was nice to be able to split up (as we were with another couple) and be able to stay in contact without worrying about how much. I am of the mind that I'll pay a little more up front so I know what my end cost will be. $4/day was the cheapest of my expenses that week.

However, Now that Wind has the $15/month plan that I can cancel after a 3 day weekend. And get pro-rated service (so I am hearing) for the couple times a year I do hit the USA. It works out to be about $.50/day.

D..

Feedback Score
    My experience is this:

- if you are in high populated/dense areas/main highways that's well served by tmobile then speed and connectivity is acceptable to decent.
    - if you go anywhere else then coverage is spotty or non-existent ...which is very frustrating if you initially doled out lots of money for airtime/data for a couple of weeks for multiple phones. Like the Oregon Coast ... forget it. No connectivity whatsoever.

I do like the process of setting up airtime ahead of time. If my wife wants to cross the border for a day she'll take the sim and i'll order a days worth of talk/text/data and have it ready to go by the time she hits the border. Works well. They hit a homerun there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavesBB View Post
    However, Now that Wind has the $15/month plan that I can cancel after a 3 day weekend. And get pro-rated service (so I am hearing) for the couple times a year I do hit the USA. It works out to be about $.50/day.

D..
    For Wind user crossing the US border and getting the add on is no brainer. The key advantage is the at&t network. Plus the transition is seamless not to mention the low cost (unlimited talk, text and 5 GB).
    But for non Wind user, getting the US add on is more costly now since last weekend - $35+$15+$25 (sim card). The $30 plan is gone

Feedback Score
    I recently ordered an 8 day service package that never once worked within the whole of New York state or Vermont, in spite of three attempts to get it to work by their technical support team (and I know the phone works perfectly). Now they are not responding to my request for a refund, and I have launched a BBB complaint against them simply to get noticed and to get the owed refund.

I am tired of unethical companies that promise service, then don't deliver, and refuse to deal with legitimate complaints. DON'T deal with this company; there are better alternatives albeit less convenient

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Funny how 2 experiences can be so different, I just gave my 15 year old daughter my card
    with instructions on APN settings just last week.( in Washington State) And she managed all on her own. I would suspect there is a bigger
    problem that was missed on their end. Try calling rather that social media, if possible.

D.

Feedback Score

Angry

Same experience only I was in Philadelphia and New York. Never worked at all the entire time I was in the US. Got a "No Sim/No Service" error message. Concluded that it was a defective sim card as this is my everyday phone - Galaxy S4 - and works fine with Telus' sim card.

Had to call them four different times. On the first call I was told that, "you can't expect our sim cards to last more than a few uses," and that the best they could do was give me a credit for the unused days and that I'd have to use that credit to buy a new sim card from them in order to use the money that I've already spent on a plan that didn't work. After an hour of back and forth I spoke with a supervisor who eventually offered a refund.

Back home a week later, still no refund so I call them back to inquire. Speak to another rep who says the refund is being "investigated" and that they will call me back within two business days. No call.

Two weeks since the initial offer of a refund. I speak to another rep and it and looks like they have no record of the supervisor offering a refund, they claim that I made calls to a random T-Mobile voicemail number with the card and thus the card was not defective.

Over two hours collectively on the phone with them and in the end I now have a credit with them which is worthless unless I buy another sim card from them which on principle I will not be doing.

I'll be avoiding this company in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by tourman40 View Post
    I recently ordered an 8 day service package that never once worked within the whole of New York state or Vermont, in spite of three attempts to get it to work by their technical support team (and I know the phone works perfectly). Now they are not responding to my request for a refund, and I have launched a BBB complaint against them simply to get noticed and to get the owed refund.

I am tired of unethical companies that promise service, then don't deliver, and refuse to deal with legitimate complaints. DON'T deal with this company; there are better alternatives albeit less convenient

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okbluejays View Post
    Same experience only I was in Philadelphia and New York. Never worked at all the entire time I was in the US. Got a "No Sim/No Service" error message. Concluded that it was a defective sim card as this is my everyday phone - Galaxy S4 - and works fine with Telus' sim card.

Had to call them four different times. On the first call I was told that, "you can't expect our sim cards to last more than a few uses," and that the best they could do was give me a credit for the unused days and that I'd have to use that credit to buy a new sim card from them in order to use the money that I've already spent on a plan that didn't work. After an hour of back and forth I spoke with a supervisor who eventually offered a refund.

Back home a week later, still no refund so I call them back to inquire. Speak to another rep who says the refund is being "investigated" and that they will call me back within two business days. No call.

Two weeks since the initial offer of a refund. I speak to another rep and it and looks like they have no record of the supervisor offering a refund, they claim that I made calls to a random T-Mobile voicemail number with the card and thus the card was not defective.

Over two hours collectively on the phone with them and in the end I now have a credit with them which is worthless unless I buy another sim card from them which on principle I will not be doing.

I'll be avoiding this company in the future.
    I still have heard nothing from this company nor have I heard back on the BBB complaint I lodged. I despair of ever hearing from them either way. I own my own small company and if I ever treated any of my customers this way, I would be out of business in a month. These types of poorly run companies are far too concerned about the bottom line to the exclusion of their customers. The only way to get through to them is to hit them where it hurts - the bottom line! That $30 they cheated me for will cost them far more in bad PR. The internet has a wide audience..

From now on, I'll find a WIFI hot spot and use a free service like Fongo. At least it's reliable....

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tourman40 View Post
    I still have heard nothing from this company nor have I heard back on the BBB complaint I lodged. I despair of ever hearing from them either way. I own my own small company and if I ever treated any of my customers this way, I would be out of business in a month. These types of poorly run companies are far too concerned about the bottom line to the exclusion of their customers. The only way to get through to them is to hit them where it hurts - the bottom line! That $30 they cheated me for will cost them far more in bad PR. The internet has a wide audience..

From now on, I'll find a WIFI hot spot and use a free service like Fongo. At least it's reliable....

I've never been impressed with their customer service....and I still don't understand why I can't use my blackberry as a hotspot.
    Also, their prices for sims is brutal.

It sounds like they had an inexpensive option to resolve the matter and chose to make things worse which sucks donkeyballs.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    I still don't understand why I can't use my blackberry as a hotspot.
    Probably because BB uses some particular protocol to ask the carrier for permission to tether and Roam doesn't support that protocol. Hence it bars you from tethering. Many Androids don't ask for permission.

Feedback Score
    I just got a formal reply from the Better Business Bureau on my complaint, and it seems Roam Mobility simply chose not to reply to them whatsoever, so the complaint is closed. What kind of company would deliberately ignore a formal complaint of this nature. I think this tells me a lot about Roam Mobility and the kind of non existent customer service they provide and the unethical nature of their business. I would encourage people to not deal with this company. Giving them additional business just helps promote bad companies like this.

I have found a simple solution using Fongo on a smartphone anywhere there is free WIFI. Other than emergency calls, this works superbly, and s**ew you Roam Mobility !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2