Thread: iMessage Activation Issue on Roam Mobility

Device(s)
    Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

iMessage Activation Issue on Roam Mobility

I'm having issues getting my iPhone 5 to activate the iMessage eveytime I use Roam. I just recently finally got the phone unlocked thru Bell, thank god, with the cheap new rules. I was using an iPone 3Gs before because it was too expensive to get my 5 unlocked. I had no issues with the 3Gs when on Roam Mob. using iMessage. But, now that I have the 5, everytime I hop over border, it keeps saying waiting to activate for the iMessage. I have tried everything. Log out of itunes and back in. turn on and off iMessage, reboot phone etc... I called Roam support, they have no idea why its not activating. Everything else works great. data, text, calls.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had the same issue in December... Stayed at "Waiting for Activation" for a whole week until I came back home. This was both on an iPhone 5s and 5c.

However, back in August, it worked fine on my iPhone 5. Not sure what the issue is but this is really annoying.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    In DC, this past week I also had "Waiting for Activation" for several days before it changed to "activation failed".

I was able to send and receive iMessages using my AppleID during my visit, but that I usually only send/receive on my 5s using the phone number. No idea whether this is an Apple or a Roam issue.

Device(s)
    Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    When you were using iMessage I assume you were sending with your email address through your Apple ID?

My feeling is the iOS is what is causing the issue. I use to have an old 3GS and used in Vegas last year with no issues at all. As soon as I unlocked my 5 and tried it with the newer iOS 7 is when my issues started.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I ended up just using my email address/AppleID since my contacts all had iMessage.

Feedback Score
    yeah I would think if you only used your email address then there shouldn't be a problem. I would think the problem is that your current phone number is associated with your imessage and because you have another sim/number its causing problems. You can go into itunes and disable your current phone number and activate your roam number to be associated with the roam account. That may do it

Feedback Score
    FWIW I've had the same issue with both of my recent uses of Roam, including this week.

I've not found a solution so far.

Dave Ings

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+ FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Try removing / deleting all text messages. Reboot phone. When a new message comes in, it will have to recreate the imessage.
    FIDO Network

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

it works now

Was just in Seattle and my Roam number activated properly on iMessage, so this problem seems to have been solved. I could send and receive messages as the Roam number.