Thread: Problems with ST byop Cant call to activate!!!!!

Feedback Score

Problems with ST byop Cant call to activate!!!!!

I bought a casio commando off ebay to use on ST byop.Its supposed to be jailbroken.When i go to call *22890 it says mobile network not available.at top of screen,activate phone. ST says its because my PRL is unknown.Verizon and casio both say they cant help!! Any ideas? My service bars are grey aand have a small x above them.Please someone help me with a fix!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwackaddict View Post
    I bought a casio commando off ebay to use on ST byop.Its supposed to be jailbroken.When i go to call *22890 it says mobile network not available.at top of screen,activate phone. ST says its because my PRL is unknown.Verizon and casio both say they cant help!! Any ideas? My service bars are grey aand have a small x above them.Please someone help me with a fix!!
    since you bought the phone on ebay,i would have the phone's esn checked to make sure the phone is not blacklisted.
    http://swappa.com/esn

Phones
    iPhone 4 on ST&t
    iPhone 4
    ICS 4.0.3 Lenovo a1
    Carrier
    ST on AT&T SIM
    Feedback Score
    You can't "Jailbreak" an Android, but you can do something similar called "Rooting", maybe that is what you meant. Or unlocked? I looked into this and found one guy that had his hooked up just fine through the CDMA program, so at least we know its possible. Everything but the Verizon app store works.
    *who was phone?*

;3

Feedback Score
    I checked esn its clean. How do i know if its been rooted or can i have it re-rooted or flashed or something? I dont know alot about these new phones just want to talk text and use my phone.

Feedback Score
    when you add service press *288 and press 1 to activiate your service.

Carriers
    T-Mobie
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did the ebay auction actually describe it as "jailbroken"? Or rooted, or unlocked? What was the description?

What steps did you take before dialing *22890? Did you activate it with straight talk? *228 or *22890 is after you've successfully activated and paid for service w/ST. Just checking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    when you add service press *288 and press 1 to activiate your service.
    This is INCORRECT.

You must dial *228, 1

However, the OP's problem sounds like a lack of reception more than lack of ability to activate the phone.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Which Casio Commando did you get?
    This one: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3062
    or this one: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3950

The second one is unacceptable because it has LTE capability.

Bear in mind that you need to purchase both a Network Access Card and at least a $45 service card before you can start service with Straight Talk on a CDMA telephone.
    Last edited by efparri; 02-07-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Mowgie it said jailbroken. Straight talk acticvated account and entered access code for me.

Earl i bought the code and already have unlimited plan.Phone wont dial anything out says mobile network not available. Do you guys think rooting my phone would help it.Maybe they messed something up when whoever tried to jailbreak or whatever they did too it?Its the 3g commando.C771 M070

Carriers
    T-Mobie
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The obvious fix would be to return to seller, which is what I recommend.

The tricky part is your already spent the cost of activating ($15?) and 30 days of service ($45).

If you have another ST phone or sim you could move the service to there until you obtain a replacement.

Or just hold on to the phone you have until you obtain your replacement, begin the return process on eBay while you're waiting for the new phone.

Also check your phone and make sure the ESN under the battery matches what the phone identifies as.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using HoFo mobile app