Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C Review

Feedback Score

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C Review

I'll do a review of my new phone. LG Optimus Dynamic II Android smartphone.

Hes some detailed specs
    • Has a 3.8 inch multitouch touch screen Up to 5 fingers. I could barely put all my fingers on the screen I can see the pixels, but not terrible as the 840g. Im just used to the Nexus 7
    • Uses android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS.
    • 4GB micro SD card is included 32GB max can be put
    • 3G / wifi / GPS / Bluetooth 3.0
    • accessible to all of Google play
    • 1 GHz CPU. IDK who makes the CPU without taking the phone apart, which I wont do :P
      Says Qualcomm on the back cover. whether that's for the 3G or is the CPU.
    • CDMA No SIM card needed.

First impression was that it is bigger and actually lighter than the 840G. Actually pretty quick 1ghz CPU. Setting it up was a breeze even if you never used android before. (use tracfones tutorial for this phone:

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...99&cid=1522238)

Already had a Google account so that was easy.
    The download tracfone app thing does not work. Just touch the play store and search tracfone. Works after phone is all set up.
    Since I want to keep my # and minutes I went for transferring minutes to my new phone. Some how the #30 kept giving me a error so called customer service and let them do it. All robot, no humans or he was very mono toned person ) Not sure if it was just the phone or the service not letting be do it by PC, but phone is actually quicker. Remember to turn off your old phone so it can completely deactivate so you can call the *22890. After the terrible elevator music and hear the confirmation message, you are ready to use your new Android Tracfone.

This is a full featured phone. All access to Google Play store, maps, internet, GPS and more. Just like the top of the line phones. Except for the screen size, resolution, and CPU capabilities. First thing I downloaded was Clean master. Helps keep unneeded apps running and reduce RAM usage, which can help this phone. Doesn't take long to fill up the RAM. GPS works great. Used Google Map navigation.

Only big con on the phone itself is if you using an app in landscape mode and exit, you have a sideways home screen and have to hold the phone vertically. The home screens only stay in portrait mode. Strange they couldn't of made it work. You can see the pixels on screen, but im really nit picking. Its alot better than the 840g screen and even when in landscape mode the screen doesn't have that purplish tint. Might be a IPS display?
    When texting on the 840G my eyes would see two different brightness of screen which was annoying.

Haven't really tried the quickmemo. Seems you take a picture and can draw on it without going to another app to do that. Pretty neat addition.

The CPU can handle a good bit. Had a bit of a slow down with maps loading, browsing, downloading, and AVG antivirus running all at the same time. So its pretty good. Maybe multitask with a couple of programs.
    Remind myself its not a quad core tablet :P

Doesn't come with any live wallpapers, so you will have to download them yourself. Nexus revamped is my favorite. Might reduce the battery life and put unneeded CPU processing so I might keep that to my tablet.

I'll go into the Pros and Cons so far.

Pros:
    • Android 4.1.2
    • multi touch up to 5 fingers
    • expandable storage
    • great call quality and uses Verizon network.
    • Lots of settings to make it personalized

Cons:
    • 3mp camera, but I didn't buy it for the camera
    • finger print magnet. Glossy back is sort of hard to hold on to
    • could use more storage, but it is a phone
    • needs more RAM
    • home screens locked in portrait mode
    • touch sensitive buttons aren't back lit

Overall this is a fantastic smartphone. transferring to a new phone was a pain, but I plan on keeping this one for a while.
    I'll do more app testing and playing around with it. Even my Nexus 7 doesn't have customizable app menu screens
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Legoman; 02-06-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Appreciate your review. I'll ask the first obvious question, at least for me: how loud is this sucker? Both earphone and loudspeaker...would appreciate your input on that.

Also, you mentioned AVG antivirus. Is that really necessary on a phone? I'm asking the HF community in all sincerity because that has got to slow any phone down quite a bit.

Feedback Score
    indyrunr89,
    I use AVG https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.antivirus on my Centura and have not noticed any slowdowns. It runs a scan when a new app is being installed. I have it set to autoscan once a week and will also run manual scans. It also has a task killer function which I keep disabled.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrunr89 View Post
    Appreciate your review. I'll ask the first obvious question, at least for me: how loud is this sucker? Both earphone and loudspeaker...would appreciate your input on that.

Also, you mentioned AVG antivirus. Is that really necessary on a phone? I'm asking the HF community in all sincerity because that has got to slow any phone down quite a bit.
    Earphone is loud and clear. I still have good ears, so I dont put it too high. Tested the loudspeaker. Works well and clear. Also played some Youtube videos and works great for a mono speaker. No sputtering (not an audio expert) or what it's called with higher volume
    I just use AVG as a safeguard. It doesn't take up to much space, so might as well have it
    Last edited by Legoman; 02-07-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    Hello, new to the group, I hope you can help. Just bought this phone (LG L39C) and I cannot find a rubber skin or protective screen film for it, any suggestions? I have been everywhere on the net, are there products that fit similar sized phones?
    Thank you
    brjl

Phones
    LG39C
    Didn't I already answer this? ;)
    Carrier
    TracFone (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I posted a link and review of a skin and protective film for it in the other 39C thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brjl View Post
    Hello, new to the group, I hope you can help. Just bought this phone (LG L39C) and I cannot find a rubber skin or protective screen film for it, any suggestions? I have been everywhere on the net, are there products that fit similar sized phones?
    Thank you
    brjl
    I think the phone came out not too long ago. Give it a month or so and there should be some cases. Its a popular phone, so there should be plenty of choices

misspelled the model name in the title. Its supposed to be LG39C, not L39C

Feedback Score
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoman View Post
    I think the phone came out not too long ago. Give it a month or so and there should be some cases. Its a popular phone, so there should be plenty of choices

misspelled the model name in the title. Its supposed to be LG39C, not L39C
    LG L39C or L39C is correct. Shopcelldeals is propagating incorrect model #. Looked it up in Owners Guide.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review. I ordered one last night. It'll be here on Monday. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Galaxy Note 3, Lumia 635: 5 lines, 3x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE ($10/mo for 5GB with hotspot)

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After using the phone for a few days, I have to agree with your assumption that it must be an IPS display. Excellent viewing angles. I also looked at specs for the overseas GSM variant of this phone, and it is listed as having an IPS display which leads me to believe you are correct. Good eye.

Phone
    LG800g
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just got this phone in the mail a couple of days ago and have just set it up. Was pretty easy to port the number from my existing Tracfone (an LG800g).

A couple of quick questions: how do I see how much time / minutes I have left? And how do the Tracfone minutes work on a smart phone? That is, if I have 600 minutes I would normally have 600 minutes of talk or 2000 texts (at 0.3 minutes (units) / text), how do the minutes work for data?

How many minutes are you finding youselves going through in a month?

Feedback Score
    See http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5364742/1/

You should have 600 min/600 texts/600 Mb data

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Each of the three buckets are totally independent of each other, absolutely no moving from a full one to an empty one. The only one that can be filled independently is data, with data cards. Normal airtime cards triple and that amount goes into each of the three Android buckets (BYOP works this way also). Tracfone has now acquired the ability to log the Android`s usage in real time. You must query Tracfone for your three bucket`s remaining airtime. Tracfone has no way of knowing if you open a text. You are charged for ALL incoming and outgoing text. Each text cost one text unit, not 1/3 or 1/2 unit. MMS deducts text & data. Data is deducted per usage, NOT time. You are not allowed to transfer contents of the three Android buckets back to a basic Tracfone, only another Android or BYOP.

Phone
    LG800g
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Each of the three buckets...
    Thanks for the explanation, I think I understand it now.

So... how much money are people spending per month for one of these phones, in real life usage? I know that usage varies per person but just wanted to get an idea of how much to expect.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast