Thread: Where to buy an unlocked Infobar A02?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Where to buy an unlocked Infobar A02?

Hello! I was reading up, and I read that the A02 can be software unlocked. I haven't been able to figure out where to buy a software unlocked one, though. If anyone here has one or knows where to get one, please tell me!

Feedback Score
    you can't. so far I only see people sell tool/procedure to unlock it, haven't seen an actual unlocked phone yet

Feedback Score
    My story with the Infobar A02...

I've been somewhat obsessed with this phone for a while now and actually have one...well sort of. I bought it off eBay in the summer. It claims it was unlocked by the Chinese seller. It was/is S-OFF with super CID. I tried to SIM unlock via HyperSim as I was told MAYBE it could work. However this involved modifying the SIM slot, which I ultimately wrecked the pin connectors. Turns out the HTC ONE S has the exact same SIM card housing, so I ordered one and tried replacing myself to no avail. So I have the phone but without SIM card and micro SD card functionality....a cool 16GB mp3 player though

I did just this week try the steps in a previous post by Animaniax, whereby user yangj08 posts a link on htcsoku on how to SIM unlock the phone

A bit daunting as google translate and Japanese leave a bit to figure out. However all the commands went ok and I was able to modify the modem/misc files successfully in a binary editor and push them back to the phone and access the apn settings and change the network mode. Now if only I had a working SIM slot

I have spent a lot of time transcribing and putting together all the procedures for this phone, and I have all pertinent files (root , recovery, modem files working RUU). So if anyone wants them let me know.

I might grab a used one from Yahoo Auctions and try to give it another go here soon.

Feedback Score
    yes, you can, i did it yesterday. now i am using att on this phone.
    very easy process as long as you understand what is going on!

Feedback Score
    yes, you can, i did it yesterday. now i am using att on this phone.
    very easy process as long as you understand what is going on!
    Thanks the help from terrapin4!

Feedback Score
    Can confirm. I have mine unlocked and working with 3G/hsdpa on Bell. Thanks to lizhe.jerry for the return help.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hey- would software unlocking an Infobar C01 be the same as an A02? I'm considering buying one.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ahh, I ended up purchasing a C01. I love it- but when I connect it to my wifi network it auto disconnects. How could I figure out why?

Feedback Score
    You can't, cheesum-san Infobar A02 is made by HTC so there are chances it'll be unlocked, simply because:
    1. It could, and is, be bootloader unlocked since sooner or later, HTC will do it

2. Like all other HTC-made phones, there are a lot who will try to unlock it, so the chance is high, very high

Infobar C01 is made by Sharp, not HTC ---> guess the rest

So sorry. However, I believe in the latest presentation, according to the CEO of KDDI, unlocking KDDI-release phones, I mean completely unlock it, not the current half-*** procedure, is "being considered". Hope something change soon.

Device(s)
    too many to place them here
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    Extract the framework and the launcher
    We lose as much as we gain through life, and that includes who we used to be.

I WANT TO BUY A FUJITSU ESPRIMO DH550!!