Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Check data usage on straight talk?

Feedback Score

Check data usage on straight talk?

I just received this text message below...

You can now check on your data usage at any time! Text USAGE to 611611.

Obviously it did not identify itself coming from straight talk. Has anybody else received this text? I've been with ST for about 3 months and this is a first. I think I remember ST's terms of service detailing that texting to a short code number is against its policy or whatever so I am reluctant to text to this code before I can confirm if its from ST first.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    This is true. Confirmed this with my nephew's Express this AM. About time ST did something like this!
    Btw, his phones data counter, which isn't as accurate as data used on a network, is very close to the data amount that was texted from ST.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    just did it my conter ant there count is same.

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Now if only ST would allow users to do whatever they want with their 2.5GB.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gate115 View Post
    Now if only ST would allow users to do whatever they want with their 2.5GB.
    thats not gonna happen for $45.too many hands in the st pot.walmart,amerimovil and att.

Carrier
    st
    Feedback Score
    I just got this msg also and tried it. The response was about first accepting terms and conditions so I disregarded it. Think about it...with straight talk you get what you get as far as data. So how much you use is meaningless. If you were with a contract service that charged you more money if you went over a certain amount then you would need to know. Not with straight talk. I do believe they slow your usage ability down if you exceed or get close to the 2.5 gb allowed, but I don't live on my phone and that's why I'm with st; I'm saving money and get to use a smart phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by aragland View Post
    I just received this text message below...

You can now check on your data usage at any time! Text USAGE to 611611.

Obviously it did not identify itself coming from straight talk. Has anybody else received this text? I've been with ST for about 3 months and this is a first. I think I remember ST's terms of service detailing that texting to a short code number is against its policy or whatever so I am reluctant to text to this code before I can confirm if its from ST first.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Straight Talk has no prohibition against short codes. The prohibition is against premium text messages.

Please note that Straight Talk does not participate in Premium SMS services or campaigns. Premium SMS refers to activities that usually involve sending a text message to a designated “short code” or buying or attempting to buy SMS services from anyone other than Straight Talk. Premium SMS campaigns include activities such as casting a vote, expressing your opinion, playing a game, subscribing to a service, or interactive television programs. You should not attempt to participate in Premium SMS campaigns, unless it is a Straight Talk authorized campaign. Any charges you may incur as a result of an attempt to participate in Premium SMS services or campaigns (not authorized by Straight Talk) are not refundable. Some Straight Talk Phone Models do not support text messaging to e-mail addresses.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Message from straight talk below. I guess its not from them.

Hi! Our apology for this matter. We don't have such information sent to our customers. It could probably be a wrong message sent to you.

If further assistance is needed, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

Sara

Straight Talk Wireless

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Could the message be simply parroting what your telephone reports? There should be a discrepancy between what the telephone shows and what the carrier reports.

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    On my nephew's Express it showed 522mbs since his start of cycle and ST texted 584.4mbs.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    many where complaing about how you couldnt check your usage with st.now you can.

Feedback Score
    Apparently nobody read this lol. I just called too and a rep also said its not from straight talk.

Hi! Our apology for this matter. We don't have such information sent to our customers. It could probably be a wrong message sent to you.

If further assistance is needed, please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live at http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

Sara

Straight Talk Wireless

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Someone else who gets the message should read the terms and conditions. You might be subscribing to something which might be difficult to cancel.

Phones
    Nexus 5
    Moto Atrix HD
    Carrier
    AT&T (ST)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aragland View Post
    Apparently nobody read this lol. I just called too and a rep also said its not from straight talk.

Sara

Straight Talk Wireless

Apparently, she is wrong.

Feedback Score
    ^^^^ I have heard that the Net10 folks are also getting this message so it seems to be legitimate. Their employees seem to be clueless on this new update to their service.

Or it could be a massive system wide hack lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast